Graphic card for gta 4

008Rohit

Broken In
fine thanx............if smps is not trusted what is maximum damage it can give to my pc

after adding a discrete GPU, due to the overload, it may give deliver wrong voltages that can damage almost everything thats attached to it including the motherboard, CPU, GPU, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, and other stuffs.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
A bit of OT:

Let me explain a bit. The confusion has been created due to the re-branding of cards by AMD. For example HD 6770 and HD 6750 are just rebranded HD 5770 and HD 5750 respectively with 3D support through BIOS update.

Wow!! I didn't know that & never ever read anywhere. :shock:
So, I think it is dirty marketing policy adapted by AMD.
Lastly, i would like to thank you for providing this valuable info to everyone.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
after adding a discrete GPU, due to the overload, it may give deliver wrong voltages that can damage almost everything thats attached to it including the motherboard, CPU, GPU, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, and other stuffs.

Man u are scaring me about the damage ....

How many of you think that my psu will support hd6670

sent from my SGS 2

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sonil.luthra, he is not scaring off you, you are getting scared by yourself. If you are going for HD 6670 there won't be any problem with your existing PSU due to power requirement issues. HD 6670 needs very less amount of power in full load and people here are running it with local Frontech, Intex 600W PSUs. So get the HD 6670 without thinking that much.

008Rohit

Broken In
@ OP

You asked what maximum harm it can cause to other PC components. I didn't say your existing PSU will damage your PC if you add a HD 6670. That card doesn't even require an additional PCIe Power Source.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^

Please try to read the previous posts before posting some redundant facts which will do nothing other than confusing OP about the whole purchase. :neutral:

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
@ OP

You asked what maximum harm it can cause to other PC components. I didn't say your existing PSU will damage your PC if you add a HD 6670. That card doesn't even require an additional PCIe Power Source.

U are confused in your own language stop confusing anyone else

sent from my SGS 2

will adding another 2gb ram will be a benifitt for my gaming .........
because im running windows xp sp 3 32 bit and it will use only 3.25 gb of ram

Cilus

laborare est orare
Any Windows 32 bit OS will not use more than 3.25 GB ram because the maximum memory that can be accessed is (2^32) Byte ~ 4GB. Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 Bit, Windows 7 32 bit all the OS have this limitation which is known as the 3GB barrier.
For using 4GB or more you need to have a 64 bit version of the OS. Since you're already having 4Gigs of ram, there is no point of getting more ram. Hardly any games and day to day apps use more than 4GB of ram.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: get a 64 bit windows 7 ultimate/ professional version, install it & then get more RAM modules.

Top Bottom