Graphic card for 12-15k

noob

Cyborg Agent
Hi

Suggest me some graphics card for my system in signature.
Make sure PSU will be able to handle it without any issues.

Max budget : 12-15K. Want to play current games and future (2 years) at high settings.

P.S : Card should be COOL and should not make more FAN noise. Will prefer Nvidia.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Re: Awesome Graphics card

For your budget you can get SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 6950 1GB at 14.5k or 2GB at 16k.
IMO no NVIDIA card will give you more VFM that this card at this budget.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent

how about GTX 570 ? not sure about its price

or ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 ?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

GTX 570 is out of your budget.

My choice: HD 6950 2GB for 15k. (Either MSI or Sapphire) or MSI HD 6950 2GB Twin Fozr III for 16k. 2GB VRAM will be better in the long run and will help you play better at high resolution.

If you prefer nVidia, then get MSI GTX 560Ti 1GB Twin Dozr III for ~14.5k or slightly cheaper.

Lastly, GTX 560 is slower, cheaper and different than GTX 560 Ti. Don't get confused. No idea why nVidia likes to confuse their cutomers when they could have named it GTX 555. :|

J

Joker

this has already been discussed many times.

get msi hd 69502gb or the factory overclocked ones.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
HD 6950 vs MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Dozr III

which one is more VFM and more cool in terms of heat generation under load ?

J

Joker

msi gtx 560 ti twin fozr II will be cooler than reference/normal hd 6950 2gb due to its custom cooler.

u can anyways get msi hd 6950 2gb twin fozr II (will not unlock to 6970) or twin fozr III (will unlock to 6970) for "coolneess"

unlocking to 6970 brings u more performance boost.

gtx 560ti has 10% more power consumption than hd 6950 2gb.

jsjs

Journeyman
HD 6950 vs MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Dozr III

which one is more VFM and more cool in terms of heat generation under load ?

6950 2GB is better card and get a refrence version, you can unlock it to a 6970 later and btw its twin frozr not Dozr

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
well, in my humble opinion there isn't much to bother about temperatures and heat generation from both AMD/nVidia as far as the current generations are concerned. Decide according to performance. Reference GTX 560 Ti will be running 5-6 degrees cooler than reference HD 6950 2GB but HD 6950 2Gb is more than well under control. Temperature and heat were huge factors in GTX 465/470/480 which were like electric stoves.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
If your budget is 12k:

Sapphire HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X @ 12k

If your budget is 15k, stretch to 16k and get:

Sapphire HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 @ 16k

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
what advantage do i have by buying HD 6950 over MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Dozr III ?

Also will that card fit in my cabinet and what about PSU ?
Do i need to buy new one ?

I wont be over-clocking it nor unlocking it....i want it to run games at high settings using stock config

please provide links to buy online

J

Joker

what advantage do i have by buying HD 6950 over MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Dozr III ?
it is twin fozr II in case of gtx560ti.

hd 6950 2gb is the faster card. has more video memory. u will be able to play games at higher settings - antialiasing with it.

buy this model: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC--Free Shipping

cabinet & psu are fine.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
it is twin fozr II in case of gtx560ti.

hd 6950 2gb is the faster card. has more video memory. u will be able to play games at higher settings - antialiasing with it.

buy this model: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC--Free Shipping

cabinet & psu are fine.

Cool..and just wanted to know whats the best card in 12K range , I am also thinking to buy fans and all...+ a USB HDD.

also how much % this HD 6950 is faster than current best card in 12K range. if its just 10-15% then i will go with 12K card.

do games these days need 2GB RAM ?
ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Graphic Card looks better to me..what you say guys ?

Actually i think that 6950 doesn't benefit that much from its 2gb framebuffer in single gpu mode at fullhd resolutions. If the resolutions goes up to 2560x1600 ,the extra 1gb vram comes in handy. what you say guys ?

J

Joker

a year from now...that 2gb VRAM will come in handy for u. games are getting really shader heavy.

at 1680x1050 no difference. at 1080p with low AA. no difference. at 1080p with high AA - u will start to feel the difference. above 1080p, hd6950 2gb.

i have said what i wanted to..i am out of this thread now.

D

Deleted member 118788

If You Want To Save 2K Then Go With N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC @ 13990
If You Want The Best In Your Budget Then Get R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC @ 15990

They Both Are Equal In Performance. Now All Depends You

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
No confirmation on DX12. If DX12 isn't a part of Windows 8(highly unlikely), it won't come suddenly midway.

Top Bottom