graphic card died?

rabjabber

Journeyman
its not really much of a question. i know my graphic card is dead.
i launched counter strike global offensive for the first time. my pc:
i5 2500
asus p8h67m
corsair vengeance 4*1
power color radeon HD 6790 (dead)

after like 20 minutes of gameplay the game crashed w/ wierd monocolor lines and repetitive sound. i hit the reset button and same again those wierd lines but they came on ~30 seconds AFTER i logged in. and i hit the power button and powered down the pc. next morning, it would'nt show anything at all. not even the bios screen. so on further inspection i realised my graphic card is dead. thats it after smoothly running for 2+ years. so my question (it may sound stupid) is that could it possibly be caused by counter strike.

BTW the fan of the GPU still runs but the GPU gives no output and on disconnecting the GPU and connecting the cable w/ the HDMI on MOBO, it runs. hence the concusion GPU is dead

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Have you download the latest driver and checked it again? Better change the HDMI/DVI cable and check again.

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
Have you download the latest driver and checked it again? Better change the HDMI/DVI cable and check again.

i know that the cable is not the problem. however about the drivers, why would it randomly stop working? ill try just to be sure though

Top Bottom