Graphic card crosslink help

chandra1106

Right off the assembly line
I have a MSI R6850-PM2D1GD5 graphic card and i wanted to cross-fire it with MSI R6870-2PM2D1GD5 card as both the graphics engine is an AMD graphics, so is it possible to link this two different cards through crossfire OR is it a good option or not to crossfire two graphic cards or should i go for a better single graphic card, if yes which graphic card should i go for as i am a heavy gamer and apart from that please recommend me a good motherboard with dual x16pci slots and a good power-supply to handle two graphic cards...my budget is around 40,000....please please help me.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, you can Crossfire HD 6850 with a HD 6870. In Crossfire both the cards ca operate in different clock frequencies and also Crossfire scaling is very good in case of HD 6000 series cards.
Crossfire of two cheap HD 6800 series card is a great value for money option as even a HD 6850 CF performs faster than GTX 580. But Crossfire setting is little complex compared to a single GPU setup. If you are okay with that, go with CF.

And for suggestion of a good gaming PC, create a thread in the PC Components / Configurations - Digit Technology Discussion Forum thread by filling up the questions properly present in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

Top Bottom