*** Graphic Card Buying Advice TEMPLATE ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tips for answering the template questions.

First and the foremost, if you are creating a thread asking for a new graphic card you HAVE to mention the EXACT company, make and model of your Power Supply (SMPS). Specifications would be helpful too.

"i have a 400w power supply" --- this is wrong.
"i have a 400w power supply from Corsair" --- this is again wrong.

"i have Corsair CX400 power supply" --- this is right.

Second, if you are using an el-cheapo also known as "crap" power supply, read this thread first: Power Supply Blacklist Thread (deleted thread) Many companies like Cooler Master, Intex, Frontech, iBall etc. are black-listed here. Running a graphic card on these poor PSUs is not safe at all. So, if you are using one, you will have to increase your budget.

Third, before asking a basic query....use Google. The members of this forum are there to help you BUT not to spoon-feed you. Most basic queries are only a Google search away.

Fourth, if you don't want to Google, then read this thread: Basic information regarding graphic cards for newbies

Fifth, read this thread before creating a buying advice thread: Best Graphic Cards for money - in India. This thread will help you to get an idea of which Graphic cards you should be aiming at in your budget.

Threads from new members with half-baked and common queries will not be approved.

Only create a thread if you have read all the threads mentioned above. You create a thread in whatever way you want, but information in the following questions should be mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)
Ans:

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans:

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans:

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom