I have an HP Pavillion 15 AU-114TX
HP Pavilion - 15-au114tx
the major issue that I'm facing is with it's performances:
1)While gaming I realised this by accident:
My cross-hair in CS:GO smoothly when connecting via my phone's hotspot and then reconnecting to my hostel wifi.
If I run directly off my hostel wifi the mouse movement is rather disjointed, I don't know how or why. If you have an explaination please do tell.
2) My laptop, despite having a 940MX 4gb in it gives me 60 fps on cs:go optimal settings (as set by nvidia geforce experience), and the laptop my college gave has intel hd 520 and runs on 70fps on minimal settings.
Yes, I switched the graphics to high performance card in the control panel for the nvidia gpu but to no avail.
I have shown the laptop to the shop I bought it from and he did exactly what I did so ggwp @that.
3) This box lags on youtube?? lol like what even. It hangs for 2-5 seconds randomly while streaming.
Even regular browsing has instances where it lags.

Given the laptop model and the issues, is it possible that it is defective? I feel so because youtube lagging is a real deal breaker for me.
And if there are different fixes for the gpu please do tell.
And if I should just return the piece should I go for a different one or the same model?
I would be needing it for illustrator, cs:go and tf2.
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

bump because nobody's helping

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Have you removed the bloatwares that come installed usually with the laptops and/or performed a clean installation of nvidia drivers?

OP
R

rawatsiddhant1

Broken In
Have you removed the bloatwares that come installed usually with the laptops and/or performed a clean installation of nvidia drivers?

nope.
can you gimme a link to go about this?
Also, I looked up a few things so I found that increasing my refresh rate (60hz) can also increase my fps. If this is true then please confirm.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'd re-install the OS, necessary programs and the drivers instead of trying to find the culprit there.

If you don't want to do that, either post screen shot of the programs installed from Control Panel -> Programs and Features and I'll try to pin-point the bloatwares or just use the utility from Should I Remove It?.

Even then some programs leave traces after un-installation so better to use IOBit's uninstaller for the entire process.

OP
R

rawatsiddhant1

Broken In
I'd re-install the OS, necessary programs and the drivers instead of trying to find the culprit there.

If you don't want to do that, either post screen shot of the programs installed from Control Panel -> Programs and Features and I'll try to pin-point the bloatwares or just use the utility from Should I Remove It?.

Even then some programs leave traces after un-installation so better to use IOBit's uninstaller for the entire process.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG
I disabled Xbox dvr and that increased the fps by 5-6 fps, though I'm pretty sure it should go all the way to 100

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
First run a scan from should I remove it application and let it tell you which ones are bloatwares.

After that if these are on that list or you don't use them, uninstall them using IOBit Uninstaller:

Bonjour, Cyberlink Power Media Player, PowerDirector, Akamai net session interface, FL Studio, FARO LS, Flowstone fl, Grammarly, McAfee LiveSafe, McAfee Security Scan Plus (utter crap), nVidia GeForce Experience (if you don't use shadowplay), Prezi Desktop, Runescape launcher, Wildtangent Games.

Finally, if you could post screen-shot of startup tab from CCleaner, it'll be helpful.

Top Bottom