GPU stuck in lower clock speeds

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
hi,

as everyone knows, i own a clevo custom laptop with 780M GPU on it,

right now i have returned to india for 15 days, and carried the notebook with me, i am facing a very weird problem with it , when i fired it up here,

first i faced lag in games, then i noticed with gpuz that the core and memory clock of the GPU is stuck as way lower clock speeds than expected.

the ideal clock speeds at load should be 849 mhz core, 1300mhz memory, but now its stuck at 324mhz and 400mhz.

i have updated drivers, clean installed them but still the problem persists. is the GPU broken or it has something to do with power? please help guys:cry:

OP
sam_738844

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
temps are normal, its not throttling , its under 32-39 at idle, and also it was never going to max possible such as around 85-87 coz clock speeds were stuck ..ok here is some new development, i just tried removing battery and unplug and then re-plug trial and error, it got solved, after i put the battery in and started up, clock speeds got normal, but the problem again arises if i "restart" the machine . the clock speeds stall at max 324/400, but if i put it in hibernate or shut it down completely , then it becomes normal again after start up :banghead: , totally confused now.

OP
sam_738844

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
tried it, no luck, its not a battery issue, in fact there is another guy in web facing the same problem as mine...see this

*forums.geforce.com/default/topic/571739/gtx-780m-clock-stuck-after-restarting-windows/

any insight?

OP
sam_738844

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
flashed BIOS from Prema Mods Prema Mod | Giving you the freedom of choice as the latest stock bios compatible with P157SM, re-installed windows 8, reinstalled Clevo Control Center.

Top Bottom