GPU, RAM & PSU Upgrade for Playing DOTA 2

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Watching Movies, Playing DOTA 2 & FIFA 1x(x=next sequels)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Never

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 only

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: HDD Not required

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: CPU, MOBO, HDD, Cabinet, DVD Drive, Monitor, UPS, KB+Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Dec - Jan 2016

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have taken suggestions from Digit forum only

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Udupi.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I currently have Cooler Master 450 Extreme Power Plus PSU, Zotac 9600 GT 512MB & Kingston 2 GB DDR 2 800MHz. Just for sake of playing Dota 2 i dont want to get a new rig. I know my current CPU is more than enough for it(AMD Athlon II X4 620). Also i think i have problem with my 9600GT, it's temp goes upto 81-83 degres at Idle and while playing FIFA 14 it goes to around 124-130 degrees. So i am thinking t change. Also i need a good EFFICIENT PSU. I have BIOSTAR TA790GXB A2+ MoBo.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 14k (Modified)

MotherboardGigabyte 78LMT-USB34,600
Graphics CardSapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5
Power SupplyAntec VP450P2,500
RAMCorsair Value Select 4GB 1600Mhz1,500
Total15,000

Its better to go with an updated Mobo + Ram and DOTA GPU + PSU.OK.

No need to replace your PSU. Just get R7 250 1GB DDR5, should be aprox 5,000 bucks . I have this in one of my PCs and it runs DOTA2 at 1680x1050 (16:10) at Highest MAxed out settings. Even when Invoker does 2xChaos Metoer with refreshers my frame rates dont drop below 30. Source 2 Engine is very efficient, just that the net code sucks and its gonna be 2016 still they cant get Indian server to run properly. FVCK VOLVO

Get another 2Gb DDR2 RAM Stick . U didnt mention if ur OS is 64bit or 32bit

With a budget of Rs 10,000 just get a new GPU and more RAM. Btw, you wont see much performance difference between the 9600GT and R7 250.

Top Bottom