GPU Not Available in Afer Effetcs CS6?

TheHumanBot

Padawan
hi guys,
i just noticed that after effects is not using the GPU for rendring which is why my rendering were really slow.

so far i have tried adding graphic card name in pre-ray-render-file (forgot the real name) but similar one in support folder.
Code:
Fast Draft:    Available
 Texture Memory:    512.00 MB
Ray-tracing:    CPU
(GPU not available - incompatible device or display driver)
OpenGL
Vendor:    ATI Technologies Inc.
Device:    AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Version:    3.0.11762 Compatibility Profile Context
Total Memory:    1003.00 MB
Shader Model:    4.0 or later    
CUDA
Driver Version:    -
Devices:    -
Current Usable Memory:    -
Maximum Usable Memory:    -

GPU Problem.pngGPUInfo.jpgGPUInfo2.jpg

i tried to search for CUDA drivers i don't know if such things available or not but no luck.

help please.
:|

You have an AMD card. You don't get CUDA support on AMD cards as it's Nvidia's propitiatory framework. See in the 'enable gpu acceleration' window if it shows any error/warning or is it disabled. Also, whether the processing will be accelerated using CUDA or OpenCL is dependent on the plugin.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
then whats the purpose of this card ?
TDF guys suggested me to get this one and i mentioned using after effects );

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects CS6 and After Effects CC | After Effects region of interest
both nvidia & ati cards are supported by AE6 but ray-traced 3D renderer can use only specific nvidia cards.everything else can be done by openGL(ATI technology) or CUDA(nvidia technology).either you have some driver issues or you are trying to use ray-traced 3d renderer environment.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
so i'm screwed here ? can't do a **** about this thing ?
this is getting painful i'm not getting enough work done from this and it affecting me );

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
it's not mine, friend's pc he let me use to do my projects. :p he do wedding video editing in day time and at night sometime i do something for my self.

so i'm screwed here ? can't do a **** about this thing ?
this is getting painful i'm not getting enough work done from this and it affecting me );

Dude, you aren't getting anything. AE is NOT entirely CUDA accelerated; many parts are OpenCL accelerated where your GPU comes into play.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
all i want is set that option to GPU.
HOW?

i tried adding gfx card model to notepad file as found in tutorial on youtube but did not work.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
a quote from adobe :

IMPORTANT: A common misconception is that After Effects requires CUDA features of one of a specific set of Nvidia GPUs. That is not true. Only the GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D renderer requires this. The other GPU features work on any GPU that meets certain basic requirements, including AMD and Intel GPUs. See below for details.

One important point for users of After Effects CS5.5 and earlier: The previous OpenGL renderer is gone. It was unreliable and problematic, and most people (rightly) turned it off except for OpenGL-Interactive mode. The OpenGL features in After Effects CS6 and later have been built fresh and do not attempt to solve the same problems as the previous OpenGL renderer. In other words, you no longer need to be scared by the appearance of the word ‘OpenGL’ as it relates to After Effects.

see this page for more details :

GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects CS6 and After Effects CC | After Effects region of interest

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
so it's just my pc is s hit now ?
if it's already using GPU for rendering then my GFX Card should be thrown away and get crushed under a roller.

Top Bottom