GPU NEWS Channel

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Honestly, 3070Ti at 65k makes no sense, better increase the budget by ~10k for 3080. It is not even 10% faster than 3070, still has 8GB VRAM, more VRAM would have helped it. At least 3070 is like 12-13% faster than 3060Ti. So depending on price, usually just pick one among 3060Ti or 3070 or even 6700XT (beware of lack of DLSS here).

My 3070 is also potent for 4K gaming but 8GB VRAM hurts it. FH5 with VRAM leak issue can't run it at extreme preset with background apps, I get 84fps on benchmark run but in game after sometime I get a VRAM full warning. Also, FC6 at 4K with ultra HD textures has poor performance on 8GB VRAM.

View attachment 21633
I never thought 8GB VRAM will fall short for 1440p gaming!! I understand the texture packs are getting heavier each year but thought 1440p at Ultra preset(not all but most games) is fine for 8GB VRAM and only 4K needs higher VRAM size.
What happens once you get VRAM full warning inside game, does it affect performance/visuals ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have a 1440p display which 32GK650F. Should I upgrade my GPU to either 3060ti or 6700xt?

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk
Are you not getting 144fps in the games you play? If you are really dissatisfied with current performance then you can upgrade, it's upto you how do you want to spend money.. Both 3060Ti and 6700XT are not that powerful than 6600XT but cost more for okay-ish performance gain, especially 6700XT. Now you can find Zotac 3060Ti below 50K. If you really want to upgrade, go for 3070 model which has decent cooling performance.

Last edited:
I never thought 8GB VRAM will fall short for 1440p gaming!! I understand the texture packs are getting heavier each year but thought 1440p at Ultra preset(not all but most games) is fine for 8GB VRAM and only 4K needs higher VRAM size.
What happens once you get VRAM full warning inside game, does it affect performance/visuals ?
VRAM leak is an issue/bug in FH5. FH5 just shows an error message after some time, can potentially continue playing by closing background apps to reduce VRAM usage by those apps. I see 1.5GB VRAM usage with my 2 monitors & just the browser running.

Normally, 8GB VRAM is fine for 1440p ultra, not for 4K though. 3070 is powerful enough for 4K ultra in many games though, that's the sad part. It is like laptop 3050Ti GPU which is powerful for 1080p ultra, but 4GB VRAM causes issues in certain games.

I played CP 2077 at 1440p with ultra textures w/o issues. That is one of the most demanding games currently. I saw upto 7.3GB total VRAM usage in that, avg at 6 - 6.5GB.

quicky008

Technomancer
does the memory leak issue in FH5 plague cards with lower VRAM (ie those with 4-6 gb ram like rtx 2060/1060 6gb etc)?

Will a 3060 12gb fare better than 3060ti in situations where more vram is required?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
does the memory leak issue in FH5 plague cards with lower VRAM (ie those with 4-6 gb ram like rtx 2060/1060 6gb etc)?

Will a 3060 12gb fare better than 3060ti in situations where more vram is required?
3060Ti is a better card and will last you longer than 3060.

Yes, more VRAM will help for sure, but 3060Ti is always better otherwise.

In my old laptop with 2060 6GB, after an hour of gaming, my fps used to start dropping. I was playing at 1080p, didn't get a VRAM full error though. I didn't observe that on my PC, but get error at extreme preset at 2K after some time, that's all. I recently saw some texture issues, so keeping textures at high these days.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
*www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/rtx-4090-ti-cancelled-melting

So here goes
If you were hoping to bag an Nvidia RTX 4090 Ti graphics card in the near future, you may want to rethink your plans as it appears that team green is reportedly cancelling its potentially most powerful Lovelace GPU for now. This isn’t without good reason, though, as reports suggest that the would-be RTX 4000 flagship in its current state is prone to melting itself.

According to sources close to Moore’s Law Is Dead, the RTX 4090 Ti is simply “just too much for now,” and won’t be heading to market to pick up the title of best graphics card for team green anytime soon. That task will be headed up by the RTX 4090, which is set to launch very soon.

The reasons behind the cancellation, again according to the same source, is that the RTX 4000 GPU was “tripping breakers, melting power supplies, and sometimes melting itself.” This, naturally, is not something anyone wants happening inside their gaming PC, but team green still has plenty of time to work out these (fairly major) kinks and bring the RTX 4090 Ti to market in the future.

*img.youtube.com/vi/_Wih0h8ps44/sddefault.jpg

MLID’s source also claims that the RTX 4090 Ti used around “600-700W” and required two 16-pin PCIe connectors to satiate its thirst for power. In addition to its monstrous power consumption, the GPU also something of a behemoth at four slots thick and requiring that the motherboard be mounted to it rather than be traditionally seated.

The emergence of an RTX 4090 Ti may largely depend on how competitive AMD RDNA 3 GPUs are with Nvidia’s offerings, with the company no doubt keen to maintain as strong a lead as possible in the pixel pusher spac

quicky008

Technomancer
rtx 4060 ti 16 gb has been launched but appears to be unavailable in india as of yet-any ideas as to why is it so? all popular retailers like vedant etc only have the 8gb variant in stock. (not planning to buy,just asking out of curiosity)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
rtx 4060 ti 16 gb has been launched but appears to be unavailable in india as of yet-any ideas as to why is it so? all popular retailers like vedant etc only have the 8gb variant in stock. (not planning to buy,just asking out of curiosity)
India is not a high priority market for most pc component manufacturers. WD discontinued it SN570 NVMe ssd & launched SN580 in june end abroad at same price as 570(aka quite cheap, costing from 2-3k-10k) & still it is not launched yet in India after 2 months.

Nvidia and AMD are doing this deliberately. This to me looks like they planned it together.
Nvidia shat on the consumers, AMD was like, we need to do bare minimum only to defeat Nvidia. Radeon 6000 series is a better buy than Nvidia, has been for quite some time. AMD will still gain if budget gaming PC users jump to console as console hardware is made by them, not sure what Nvidia has to gain by killing off budget GPUs.

Top Bottom