GPU NEWS Channel

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Preorders showing up at various websites for MSI and Zotac founders edition priced between 62-64K. Which would mean the non-reference ones may retail for around 56-58K(?)

Hmm. Not bad. Still gouged way beyond the original msrp though.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
GPU Price in India Logic:

What theoretical price should be = price in USD* 67.35

Whats expected after duty+tax = price in USD * 80

What actually is = Price in USD * ~100

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
GPU Price in India Logic:

What theoretical price should be = price in USD* 67.35

Whats expected after duty+tax = price in USD * 80

What actually is = Price in USD * ~100

That's why our country is still developing nation.........And I think it ill stay that way for atleast 100 more years.......

Pasapa

Live to die another day
This. Is. Sad.

AMD Exposes More Weakness At E3 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) | Seeking Alph

Not sure i agree

- Whats wrong in appealing to the mark segment of the gpu's where most of the sales happen?. The under $300 segment is where most of the gpu hardware sales happen and Amd has the RX 480 @ $200 which offers gtx 980 performance ( at least that's what the leaks says,i hope its true)

-The RX 470 and 460 offers more performance than previous generation of their cards.. Radeon RX 470 Benchmark
Then again these are leaks, let's wait for the real benchmarks

-I personally think it's good that both Sony and microsoft are making mid generation upgrades of their consoles for AMD at least , more money for them. Also i'm not quite sure how the Xbox One Scorpio's release has to do with Zen as it was not announced by Microsoft afaik whether it uses Jaguar or Zen.
Microsoft Teases Project Scorpio for 2017: 8 cores, 6 TeraFLOPs, Backwards Compatible with Xbox. Zen or Jaguar?

-The RX 460 is supposed to be use in notebooks? . It lacks a PCI-E power connector, which points to power consumption being safely under the 75 watts the PCI-E slot can provide.. So pretty sure there would be a notebook variant of this.
I could be completely wrong here.

At the end of the day Nvidia's GTX 1080 and 1070 offer's great performance. But alas they are not at price point where most consumers would consider buying them especially the 1080. So AMD brings more joy to me as it reaches out to the budget segment. We also have no information about the 1060 which is a bit sad..

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Yup really sad article, no wonder that site is not known and wont ever be known on net, especially if it requires you to signup just for viewing it.....

They guy who wrote the article has a masters in EE from USC, an indie iOS dev, do you think he wants to get paid for writing bullshit about AMD? What possibly it could get him, a million bucks? :silly_NF:

Secondly it was a reference to this article in [H], and they mean business when they talk about hardware.

HARDOCP - From ATI to AMD back to ATI - From ATI to AMD back to ATI? A Journey in Futility

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
They guy who wrote the article has a masters in EE from USC, an indie iOS dev, do you think he wants to get paid for writing bullshit about AMD? What possibly it could get him, a million bucks? :silly_NF:

Secondly it was a reference to this article in [H], and they mean business when they talk about hardware.

HARDOCP - From ATI to AMD back to ATI - From ATI to AMD back to ATI? A Journey in Futility

*i132.photobucket.com/albums/q40/KIsenberger/Food%20and%20Misc/Point_over_your_head.jpg

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
You are already there.

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/bigp_zpsbt648mya.jpg

haha what he meant was that you had to signup to view the webpage. He couldn't read anything. He wasn't saying that the article author just posted it for clicks.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

Full disclosure - HardOCP was not invited to this weekend’s launch in Macau as AMD PR has made a decision to no longer brief this site with the rest of the industry.

lol...

- - - Updated - - -

haha what he meant was that you had to signup to view the webpage. He couldn't read anything. He wasn't saying that the article author just posted it for clicks.

exactly, never said anything about author.....

- - - Updated - - -

This. Is. Sad.

AMD Exposes More Weakness At E3 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) | Seeking Alph

you might want to refer to this article, AMD Stock Rally Continue

This is when AMD didn't release anything...

- - - Updated - - -

Full disclosure - HardOCP was not invited to this weekend’s launch in Macau as AMD PR has made a decision to no longer brief this site with the rest of the industry.

Lol they invited so many other tech forum and blog editors ....

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I take this with two tablespoons full of salt, since the graph looks suspiciously shopped and over-hyped. If its true though, I particularly do not like the way Nvidia specifies a particular card from competition to describe it. Feels cheap.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Official Specifications and Benchmark

Top Bottom