gpu for pci x16 1.0 slot

akrr

Right off the assembly line
my budget rs 8000 for gpu. my motherboard is asus leonite p5lp-le(leonite2. it has pci x16 1.0 slot which is not compatible with pci e 2.1 cards. i tried sapphire ati radeon 5670 card which failed to work even after bios updates. ::-(please suggest me a compatible card within my budget. btw why i am not able to post in bazaar section?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Strange, because all the PCI Express 2.1 cards are backward compatible with Pci Express 1.0 slots. Are you sure that there wasn't any problem with the card?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@akrr, Welcome to TDF...
As Cilus said Are you sure that there wasn't any problem with the card?
Hav u tried any other GPU on ur mobo?

OP
A

akrr

@mailme.manju : thankyou mate for welcome
my pc specs-:
hp pavallion a 6120 in
cpu-pentium D 925 (3.0Ghz)
mobo-asus p5lp-le(leonite-2)
*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01080268&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3553804#N33
northbridge-intel 945g
wsouthbridge-ich7dh
pci slots-2
pci x 1-1
pci x 16 1.0 -1
ram-4gb
os- w vista basic
this mobo supports resolution upto 1920*1080.I have used 9400gt card on this mobo without any problem,playing games at ultra low resolution.
The same problem is faced by many pc users just googled and got following links-:
[Solved] More Radeon HD5670 problems - ATI - Graphic-Displays
5770 No signal No Post - ATI - Graphic-Displays
[Solved] Radeon HD5670 problems - ATI - Graphic-Displays
the ati 5670 card used by me is brand new, bought on april fool day.Damage is 4830 bucks.M system runs very fine and i mainly use it for light gaming office productivity multimedia and heavy internet uses.I want to use it for hd video editing and playing latest fps games at entry/mid level graphics.Please suggest/guide me further.

Last edited:

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
Just return your current 5670 and get a new one, btw which psu you have, if you have a generic psu then get fsp saga 500w @2.2k, and if you have a good branded psu than in your budget go for hd5770, jst return your current gpu and add some money to get hd5770@ 7.5k

OP
A

akrr

@sunny4691 please read following link-:
should i upgrade or go for nvidia card?

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
@sunny4691 please read following link-:
should i upgrade or go for nvidia card?
Then try to get a nvidia 9800gt and see if it works, if 9400gt have worked on your mobo then 9800gt should also work
, but tell which psu and monitor you have as 9800gt has high power consumptio.

Top Bottom