GPU for AMD within 2000/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspawar

Broken In
Hey guys, I want to buy a graphics card 128/256 mb for a mobo compatible with AMD 64 bit....Can u suggest some with their prices in detail......?My budget 2000/- :p

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Unless gaming ranks low on your list of priorities, any graphics card you can get for 2k will be a severe mismatch for the rest of your computer.

You can get a SiS 315 card within your budget, and probably a second-hand FX5200 or a Radeon 9200. These cards will be OK for things like surfing, playing movies, video editing, office work. But for gaming these are low-end cards and the power of your AMD64 CPU will be largely wasted.

If you're going to use your computer mainly for non-gaming apps, perhaps with just some occasional casual gaming, I guess these cards will do.

OP
D

dspawar

Broken In
Ok...Can I get a reasonable GPU within 3000/-...I'm not a hardcore gamer but would like to play some nice games like HL 2, FarCry etc.....

Geforce

Journeyman
dspawar said:
I'm not a hardcore gamer but would like to play some nice games like HL 2, FarCry etc.....

:idea: I don't know whats Hardcore for you mate but HL2 and Farcry need a momma of a graphics card.

:arrow: At best at 3.5k get an GeForce Fx5200 128MB or a faster but older GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
dspawar said:
Ok...Can I get a reasonable GPU within 3000/-...I'm not a hardcore gamer but would like to play some nice games like HL 2, FarCry etc.....

not a hardcore gamer???....but still wanna play hl2,farcry...ehhh???
fx 5200....well not at all enuf for playing these kind of games...nd mind u after say 4/5 months it will be so obsolete that u will have difficulty running ny game at all!! :roll:

OP
D

dspawar

Broken In
Hey guys...I wanna buy a cpu except monitor within 20,000/- according to that tell me the conf including GPU......It should include AMD 64

Geforce

Journeyman
Well you could look in other threads and i am sure you will find a good AMD64 configuration that suits you.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
hey dspawar

check out techtree, they have some good configs with prices. see if u can get ur rig within 20k.

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=56790&upto=3

go for asus 9550. its reviewed at techtree. i wud suggest u to extend ur budget by 5000/- to adjust the gfx card.

OP
D

dspawar

Broken In
Thanks guys....I think i should inrease my budget by 5000/-.....thanks for the links......Can anyone tell me a ggod dealer in Pune ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom