I have a 2 yr old P4 machine Here are the specs:
Intel 875P based chipset.
MSI Motherboard
1 GB Ram
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.
MSI Geforce Graphics card 5600 with 256 MB memory. AGP 8x
MSI DVD writer.
MSI CD ROM reader,

I want to play newer games such as Serious Sam 2,NFS:Most Wanted,The Sims 2,Doom 3,Quake 4

etc. and i find the present configuration insufficient despite of overclocking.I would like

to upgrade my graphics card.I have a good modest budget of Rs.5000-7000.I am currently

looking for nvidia 6th grneration series of AGP cards.I currently think 6200 or 6600 would

be good and would fit my budget. I want a GPU that wont soon be outdated. Does geforce 6600

has double the performance of 6200 and is it worth the money? I havent considered ATI.Which

is better . nvidia or ATI? Give me the specs and performance of geforce 6600 and 6200 AGP 8x

based cards.Which company should i consider, MSI or XFX or Gainward. Kindly suggest one that

would fit my budget and give me the graphics i crave.
P.S. I play all games at 1024x768 resolution.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
You could go for XFX 6600 256MB, it may cost u around 6-6.5K. As I have seen NVIDIA has better drivers support than ATI.
Haven't used ATI so no comment on that.
And certainly 6600 will always be better than 6200. If u can get a GAINWARD then get it without hesitation. With 6600 u could certainly play games at 1024*768 resolution.
If u could raise ur budget the buy leadtek 6600gt, a good value for money card that wouldn't be outdated soon. It may cost u around 9K.

cryptid

Journeyman
ya i guess u should go in for a XFX 6600,,, ur system specs look pretty good to play the latest games i.e if u have a XFX 6600 or ne better ones,,,, please give ur processor speed coz the latest games need a min of 1.4Ghz if u have slower proc then i guess it would be good if u go in for a new proc along with a GPU,,, i suggest a 2.6GHZ proc and a XFX 6600 256 it should cost u around 10-12k not more than that,,,,,, by making this minor upgrade ur com will work as good as a new com

OP
D

danny14871

Broken In
HOw about MSI NX6600-VTD256 AGP video card. Do u think it is fine. The cost is O.k. But what i want to know is that, with this card can i play all latest games at max quality at 1024x768 resolution. I really am dying to play these games like Quake IV,Half-Life 2,Doom 3, The Sims 2,Age of Empires III, NFS:MW, Serious Sam II at max quality.(HDR eanbled,8x AA,8x,antistropic filtering etc.)
What i need to know is that if i play at max quality at 1024x768, will i get reasonable fps(like above 45 fps for each) for all the above mentioned games.
How is ur opinion about the card?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Don't think u could get 45 fps with max quality for doom3 or quake4, but maybe for nfs:mw(not sure). To get those kind of frame rate (smooth gameplay) buy a 6600gt or higher cards. With 6600 high quality setting is possible but not max.
Better if u have decided then buy it and play around with settings during actual gameplay.
But I would suggest u buy a 6600gt 128mb ddr3, would make u future proof and u could play games at ur desired setting.
But anyways 6600 is a very good choice for value for money. Happy gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom