GPU And AsrRock 775 Dual 915GL Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
hi guys....

wanna ask u ppl one thing....whenever i plug in my Nvidia 8600 GT GPU in my mobo , my PC refuses to start up , it doesn't draw any current ... As soon as it unplug it , PC starts without any prb ...wat cud be the possible reason for this problem ...although the PC used to wok fine earlier with the GPU plugged in...

i m currently having a 300 w PSU !

Thnx

BlackBerry7100g ! :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
ur PSU is definitely the problem, the required wattage is at least 400watts to be on the safe side, so that must be the reason please try changing ur psu at least to a zebronics 400watts, they come cheap

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

but earlier it used to work like a charm..i haven't added anything....my hdd crashed n i replaced it with a new one only !

Anyone There To Help ? :(

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
As the components goes older, the efficiency of capacitors reduces nd require slightly more power. So nowthat the PSU's limit has reached nd system is unable to boot.
Get a Zeb 400w local for 400/-.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
psu maybe at fault . but dont forget that ur mobo has a pciex4 slot . i wonder whether its supplying enough power to the card. does that card work on other mobo's with a pciex16 slot ? try it in ur frends house. see if a BIOS update helps ( i dont think it will ). try removing all optical drives and hdd's and boot the system with the card . if it does , then ur psu is at fault . but i wonder whether the local zebby 400W psu with 17A on 12volt rail is enough ; i too need a new psu , so i was wondering. .

and dont bother with the BIOS options of disabling onboard gfx . the mobo automatically disables onboard gfx if u plug in a card .

if ur card fails to run even on other pc's , u're card is at fault . get it replaced.

BTW , can u run Vista on ur pc ?

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

^ will try ur method...

For ur info , using Genuine Vista Since ~ February ~ with all its features...

Sagar , removed all the cable connecting to the HDD , FDD , DVD Writer , still unable to start up...yet to try in my friend's PC !

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
hmmm.no probs in audio ? that board doesnt had hd audio , so i was wondering whether vista wud support it .. . i used to own that board ( 4 months back ). since it dint have hd audio and pciex16 slot i changed to intel d101ggc . .neway , i too need to replace the psu . if i play games like carbon ( some game that consumes a lot of g-card power ) after 2-3 mins pc shuts off ...currently using some stupid psu . so i was wondering whether that zebby local psu is enough . plz tell me if u buy that psu and its enough to run ur pc.

do the lights of ur cabby turn on when u plug that g-card and start the system ?

and at wat temps do ur 8600GT run . mine's overheating . idles at 62C load 85C (without OC). i will get it replaced once i catch that stupid vendor of mine ..another guy had same problem and it got solved when he replaced the card . .now he says it idles at 54C and load at 77C ( with OC frm 540 to 700 and mem frequency was also set 200mhz higher ) . i was just hoping u dint have a faulty card like ours and u know ,it cud have got burnt .tell the temps if u remember them .

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
did the card work on other pc's ?? i take that as "no" .. . .for RMA or replacement i think u'll have to contact the distributor who sold u the card. ..

mayhemabhi

Broken In
hey u seriously need to change ur SMPS wid 400watts...........
it might hav created prob. wid ur HDD too............
n in terms f GPU, check it in other PC, wther its workin fine or not.........

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

@ sagar , yet to try on other pc's
but can't contact my distributor coz i purchased the card from canada ,so lookin for a service center here in delhi !

@ mayhemabhi , tried wid 450 watts smps , didn't work !

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

Got Zebronics 450w for 400 Rs. !

Can anyone gimme te contact no. for nVidia service center in new or its address plzzz ! :(

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
well , u'll have to try the card on other pc's first. it might be a problem with the slot too . if it doesnt work on other pc's too , then the problem is with the card.try asking / looking in master hardware contact list.

sashijoseph

In the zone
Try removing the card,booting with onboard graphics and loading the failsafe defaults in BIOS.Then reinsert the card and see if it works.

utsav

damn busy...
does the zebronics 450watt psu actually deliver 450 watts power to the components or less than that.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@utsav
no PSU in da universe till now can deliver 100% efficiency. Even the most stable ones like Coller Master igreen are bout 70% efficient only. And Zebronics Diamond series are 65%, then u can hope what bout a normal 450W Zebronics....
But Zebronics 450 for 400 has best bang for da buck as its better among other in dat price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom