Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
currently i'm browsing the internet using a GPRS connection with my fav Nokia 6610. the speed is nearly good [ logging at 230 kb/s with a data transfer between 6610 and IrDA port @115 kb/s]. all the sites are opened up with good timing. i can download manually @4 kb/s [ started at 40-52 kb/s and finally stucks at 4] and using IDM @ 13 kb/s. but i'm not too satisfied [i know its capability]. sometimes it stops to recieve bytes after 30 mins and sometimes its going like a zoom. I HAVE SOME QUESTION ABOUT IT.

1. if i will use this connection, will it hamper to my cell? [i don't want loose this 6610.. its my fav]
2. is there any other HANDSETs those are made for these type of things.
3. is there any diff of speeds between DATA CABLE, IrDA or Bluetooth.
4. will i get more speed in blutooth.

plz help

last one year i was on IrDA with SE T610 which was connected to charger :p , lol and it was almost connected for a year maybe a week .

Now I changed to Bluetooth ,there aint much difference. i`m going to get BB soon though :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
answers to your Qs:

1) nope it won't affect ur cellphone in anyway.
2) well, no specific handsets made for these, but if u want get a cheap one exclusively for this! ;)
3) i've tried all and found out that there is no difference in the speeds by any mode you connect. but cable and bluetooth connections are more stable than IR. many times it used to happen that even the phone was in front of my laptop, it wasn't getting detected.
4) answered above

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I am using LG G1600 with USB as well as Serial data cables. I find no difference in speeds. However, this has been observed that if I open many pages in Opera (specially, as never happened in Firefox), the cell phone automatically got switched off. Why could that be?

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
ya.... i have that problem too. sometimes its not receiving bytes after a short while when connected.

expertno.1

Technomancer
thast the normal problem lol

which i tooo face

i am also using GPRS but i get download speeds of 5.7 KB/s using IDM after tweaking using TWEAKMASTER

sometimes even the connection goes

you have then to reconnect

thats the problem of the service provider

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
These are a common goof up in lg phones.. With my nokia I dont hav any prob opening more than 2 pages at a time..]
Mine is Nokia 6681(upgraded from se t630 last week) nd i use bluetooth

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
@sidewinder
LG phone or Opera?? Somewhere in this forum itself, it was mentioned that Opera crashed a cell phone. On IE, Firefox, and now Flock, there has no been any problem with me.
@expertNo.1, let me get more info on this tweakmaster.

thrash_metal

In the zone
I used to use T630 last year ..... no difference in speeds .. used to connect it using a IrDa or Bluetooth .

now i use a Nokia 6670 .... use a cable or bluetooth to connect .. no difference in speed !!

So as far as my observations go .. its the same .

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
can you tell me one thhing guys..... is there any diff between a Notebook and a PC for surfing by gprs? i had a strange exp. i have used my cell to a Accer Notebook by DKU-5 cable.. can you imagin the speed that i have got. guess............ its poor. then i tried with PC Suite 6.5 .. same result. after couple of days i bought one IrDA, finally i have got all my pages at first attempt without having "Can not find the page" but its slow.

now i'm using it with my PC. here i'm feeling comfortable. all are good but still have that IrDA dist'nce

thrash_metal

In the zone
Basically its the Range of the mobile operator ! I had this experience . me and my bro live in different parts of town .. took both Bluetooth as well as Irda to his place and checked the speed ... 2.2kbps (avg) ! Then we came back to my place did the gig again .... 4.5k (avg) . There's a Airtell Tower very close to my place in contrast to his place where the tower is far away . Thus the difference in speeds

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nope, it doesn't matter whether u use a desktop or a laptop unless you haf a badly configured one! (the infra red port or the virtual com port as the case is must be properly configured, i.e. the baud rate, the flow rate etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom