GPRS selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Guys,
I am looking for a gprs operator who gives good speed in affordable rate...
My only objective for using gprs will be for share trading while on the move.... (max 3 hrs a day) i.e. i will be using gprs only to access my demat website....

Right now i m using airtel, (not used much gprs on it though)
So, please suggest me a suitable operator...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
No, they had one initially. It's discontinued. No Unlimited plans as of now.
All they have are 5,15,48 & 98 Plans, where Rs.5 valid for that day midnight and limit is 10MB.
Rs.15 is for three days and has a limit, forgot exact number.

Rs.48 plan has 100MB Day limit(7AM-11PM) and 2GB Night Limit(11PM-7AM)

Rs.98 plan has 200MB Day limit(7AM-11PM) and 4GB Night Limit(11PM-7AM)

and Docomo is on EDGE by default so browsing speeds are good ~22KB/s

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
What about Aircel?? They also provide EDGE connectivity I think. Some people says speed is good (about 20-22kBps sometimes it cross even 28kBps). And both 14/- and 98/- are unlimited(No FUP). What say??

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm no idea about Aircel's plans but there are network issues with Aircel here and some of my friends using those plans say they have connectivity issues with Aircel Pocket internet. Don't know about other circles.

If it is EDGE and unlimited with no connectivity issues in your circle, then better go for Aircel.

ankushkool

Youngling
No, they had one initially. It's discontinued. No Unlimited plans as of now.
All they have are 5,15,48 & 98 Plans, where Rs.5 valid for that day midnight and limit is 10MB.
Rs.15 is for three days and has a limit, forgot exact number.

Rs.48 plan has 100MB Day limit(7AM-11PM) and 2GB Night Limit(11PM-7AM)

Rs.98 plan has 200MB Day limit(7AM-11PM) and 4GB Night Limit(11PM-7AM)

and Docomo is on EDGE by default so browsing speeds are good ~22KB/s

Rs, 98 plan is as good as unlimited... For GPRS the limit is more than enough!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Hey Tollygunge?? Where do you live in Tollygunge??

I live near Malancha Cinema Hall........Actually asking to know about the Aircel Tower. If you too are from the same location I'm sure Aircel won't work correctly and I've to look for something new.

BTW Smart plans are also good. Their default charge is 50p/1MB and Unlimited in Rs. 99/-.
But not sure about Reliance tower.....!! :)

OP
scavanger007

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
hmm.. i will check for aircel and docomo's speed if possible from my friends...
Now the question arises is that, how much MB do you think will be consumed monthly by me if i use share trading 3 hrs per day for a month... that will help me decide the plan...

ankushkool

Youngling
will you be accessing net from mobile or laptop?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

i think 200MB is more than enough for ur use!

Pratul_09

Journeyman
why are you changing from Airtel. They too have a 98 plan where the download limit is 2GB. This can be used anytime during the time, no day or night browsing limits. This should be nice. Moreover when 3G comes, Airtel is sure to get one of the operator slots. Prices may be high initially for 3G, but may come down with competition from other operators.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
yeah Rs98 plan is as good as unlimted. But I haven't even used 50MB in day limit and I never used it at night so all of that 2GB would be as it is :p
I primarily use brodband for my primary data needs. Hence such less usage.

I don't think you'll need more than 100MB for just share trading. If you are browsing from laptop then usage might be high.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I have used near 300MB in past 9 days.On PC @avg 3hour per day.Cos of airtel's slow speed & torret blocked I had never been able to past 1GB in a month.....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom