GPhone to launch first in India by Sep 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Google, the nearly $13.5 billion search engine major, is believed to be a fortnight away from the worldwide launch of its much-awaited Google Phone(Gphone) and has started talks with service providers in India for an exclusive launch on one of their networks.

Talks are believed to be taking place with Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Essar, respectively India’s first- and third-largest mobile telephony operators, and state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam.

Sources close to the development said a simultaneous launch across the US and Europe is expected, and announcements would be sent to media firms in India and other parts of the world. US regulatory approval, which is expected soon, is the only hurdle that Google is waiting to cross, they added. Google plans to invest $7-8 billion for its global telephony foray. In India, it is also believed to be in talks with Indian providers to offer data and content and platforms including Instant Messaging (IM) and Search functions. However, these could not be confirmed. A Google spokesperson said, “We don’t comment on market rumour or speculation.

However, Google is committed to providing users with access to the world’s information, and mobile becomes more important to those efforts every day. We’re collaborating with partners worldwide to bring Google search and applications to mobile users everywhere. However, we have nothing to announce at this time.”

Business Standard

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Jah !!!

Exclusive will mean one has to make one shift to a certain service provider... :( that would b too bad...

though I wont mind if its exclusie only to BSNL, which is highly immpossible :lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Google is about web services so this means the internet will be either EDGE or 3G by BSNL, I just hope we are not restricted to Google Web services only.

praka123

left this forum longback
Google is offering mobile phones,that too in India?if true,is gr8.but hope not like the iphone way(AT&T activation)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ MS has been in the mobile market making software since ages it has released 6 versions of its very famous and widely used Windows Mobile ... so the zune phone isnt iPhone influenced ... zune is ;)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ if business standard is reporting then there is credibility but im thinking that it cant be so we havent even seen 'supposed' pix of the gphone

superman

Right off the assembly line
hey..guys..can u pls..provide more details abt gphone.....abt its specifications proce and correct relese dates.....i am fan of google....and i am really waiting for this phone....

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
Hmmmm, lets wait and watch, i really hope Gphone works to its fullest potential, want to check the pics and its features.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Hey since most of google products are free, so can we except GPhone for free? OR Atleast free unlimited talktime to any place? :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
navjotjsingh said:
Hey since most of google products are free, so can we except GPhone for free? OR Atleast free unlimited talktime to any place? :D
and wid the beta tag too... so if someone asks, hey which phone do you use.. u'd say: GPhone Beta! :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
and wid the beta tag too... so if someone asks, hey which phone do you use.. u'd say: GPhone Beta! :grin:

Official Bug list 1 of gPhone

1) If you are calling a gal of somewhat your age, who is not associated to you by family or any other relation but belongs to some other family :D then it is possible that gPhone will dial the number of her father while trying to call her. This is a known problem with gPhone & we expect to fix it soon in the next upgrade.

In short...it can call your gfs dad instead of GF :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom