Govt. Undertaking software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anindya

In the zone
My friend wants to buy a laptop he found out all these things :-
1. Lenovo is the best in the market.
2. Lenovo gives battery backup of upto 8hrs while Compaq gives 7-8hrs others still less.
3. Laptops which comes with XP preloaded are govt. undertaking. That means (according to the shop onwer) after buying the laptop when one switches the laptop on he will first get all the info about it. But XP loads for the first time one will need the SECRET CODE to be entered which comes in a scratch card then only the laptop can be used.
4. The shop onwer will show the govt. logo. If the logo is not shown then the OS is pirated.

Please comment on the above statements. I want to know are all these really true?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
1. Rubbish, from where did he get this info from.

2. I am not aware of any present laptops with a battery which gives a backup of 8-9 hours. The best i have seen is my Gigabyte Laptop, which gives me 4 hours if i disable the Anti Virus and everything unwanted in the OS for the timebeing.

3. Govt. Undertaking. What crap?? Why the hell would govt. involve itself in the promotion of a Private Cos. software? I have not yet heard about any of this crap about Secret Code and stuff.

4. Dude, i really doubt this Shop Owners info. Just verify from him wether the Govt. Logo he is talking about is Microsoft's Certificate of Authority, a hologram stuck on the CPU on which the CD key is present.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
1. untrue, it depends on the models, post ur budget & we'll suggest the best laptop for u

2.few laptops give backup of 8 hours, those that give r really costly or need xtra battery pack,most laptops give backup around 3 hours

3.it is not a government undertakin,its the company's undertaking

4.that is microsoft's certificate of authority

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
At ssk429, alsiladka I told few few of the points u 2 mentioned here. About the price the Lenovo model which gives 8hrs backup costs around only ONLY only RS.35000. :grin::)):confused:. But still i will let him know both of ur comments.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Anindya said:
My friend wants to buy a laptop he found out all these things :-
1. Lenovo is the best in the market.
2. Lenovo gives battery backup of upto 8hrs while Compaq gives 7-8hrs others still less.
3. Laptops which comes with XP preloaded are govt. undertaking. That means (according to the shop onwer) after buying the laptop when one switches the laptop on he will first get all the info about it. But XP loads for the first time one will need the SECRET CODE to be entered which comes in a scratch card then only the laptop can be used.
4. The shop onwer will show the govt. logo. If the logo is not shown then the OS is pirated.

Please comment on the above statements. I want to know are all these really true?

1) Dell, hp and toshiba make better laptops but Lenovo thinkpad's are rock solid in terms of stability

2) Rubbish. My T43 with a 9cell battery gives me 6 hr battery life if I read a PDF with minimum display settings and minimum processor speed.

3)That is only for laptops that are bonded to STPI. (laptops imported by corporates without customs charge).

4) rubbish. Microsofts "certificate of authenticity" should be more than enought.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
hey r u talking about lappy

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If yes

be mature

what govt that stupid stuff

and Dell has best lappy with cheaper prices

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
Thank u to all of u. Now i will show this thread to him to convince him because he didnt believe my words. THANK U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom