Govt considers banning Youtube!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anispace

dattebayo
not sure if this should be here or in random news but anyways....

source>>
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/I...asteless_Gandhi_video/articleshow/1161665.cms

NEW DELHI: A tasteless video clip on Mahatma Gandhi by New York-based NRI comedian Gautham Prasad has got the government’s knickers in a twist. Outraged by the video, the government is seeking to shoot the medium — YouTube, currently the hottest video sharing website.

I&B ministry is understood to have taken up the matter with the IT ministry for 'action' against YouTube. While some I&B ministry sources said that YouTube would be blocked, some others said that YouTube would be asked to take off the offending video.

The government has also taken 'serious exception' to two TV channels — IBN-7 and Sahara — airing the video.

Fulminating against the 'assault on the father of the nation', I&B minister P R Dasmunsi on Friday demanded 'profound apology' from the channels, which came in pronto.

The move to block or act against YouTube — named by Time magazine as the 'Invention of the Year' for 2006 — has a throwback to the government’s action last October against Orkut, an Internet social network service that's a rage with the youth. Orkut has several communities, and messages by one Pakistan-based ‘Hate India’ community had got the government all worked up.

Neither YouTube nor Orkut are based in India, although they have huge participation by Indians. This has often pitted the government against these entities which are outside Indian laws and which, with the spread of the Net and the progress of technology, are fast becoming a big presence in the country.

Coming to the offending video, it has Gandhi doing a pole dance, stripping, playing with daggers and dining with two beautiful women. An angry I&B ministry has decided the issue will be discussed by a committee headed by the additional secretary.

now isnt that stupid, just becoz some idiot posted a video insulting Gandhi the govt might block the entire site.They can atleast first request youtube to remove the offensive clip.And what about the stupid TV news channels that were showing the clip on TV in an endless loop just to increase their TRPs

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the vdo was on sahara news all day yesterday .... it was a hilarious vdo but again gandhi commands a different respect

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I am sure if M.K.Gandhi were alive he would have taken it in a very humorous way.BTW.we would have not known such video is on youtube if our media hadn't
pointed it out.They just wanted to show something on their prime time.
"ye video ek amriki website par dikhaya ja raha hai,......ne is site ko band karne ki maang kari hai''
Comon guys,its your own NRI who is doing it.Why blame the site?
They say he should be convicted-but why and how?He is not even an Indian citizen.It is morally incorrect but not legally.What do you think?

S

shashank_digitreader

that shud not happen, if they release such a video, then it can be deleted. Whats the use banning the site? stupid govt.

T

titun

I think no one can insult you without your permission.
And Our Father is not just an ordinary person who will be insulted by such a foolish act.
The world knows who Mr M.K Gandhi was, so we do not need to bother.
But if we can punish the culprit anyway we should see to it strictly and as soon as possible.
And I feel YouTube is not the culprit.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I think there is no need to ban any site for anti india or anti Gandhi stance. Our politicians insult him far more with their corruption

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
link to the video please..

btw on the internet you will find insulting videos/pictures/animations of everyone and anything. Infact if you don't have a "personal hate club/funny video or anti-yourname cult site, its simply because you aren't famous enough! Booooooo ;)
Name one famous person of any country that isn't mocked on the internet.

I love the Internet!!

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
What? Another knee-jerk reaction that makes no sense at all? The Govt. is really made up of morons!

T

thunderbird.117

NucleusKore said:
I think there is no need to ban any site for anti india or anti Gandhi stance. Our politicians insult him far more with their corruption

Exactly.

S

shashank_digitreader

NucleusKore said:

U're right.

Last edited by a moderator:

eagle_y2j

Youngling
let them ban ....it will be like blogspot ban case (after mumbai bumb blast)................

watever they will do they can't stop us using proxy to surf youtube!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I think Mahatma Gandhi has the image which can not be ruined by a video some moron made. Media just hyped it for their own purpose.

Worst thing is that the video is not funny , that comedian is a dumbass. I didn't laugh watching MK Gandhi killing ppl with AK 47 or doing a pole dance. How stupid , only idiots like him will laugh over this . Come on humour has a standard, something stupid is not necessarily funny.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I never saw him do a pole dance in the youtube video, maybe I saw the wrong one. And it was funny in a way like what if he was the exact opposite. Mind you, in the video he is fighting injustice (gangsters) but this time with violence instead of non violence.

S

shashank_digitreader

tarey_g said:
I think Mahatma Gandhi has the image which can not be ruined by a video some moron made. Media just hyped it for their own purpose.

Worst thing is that the video is not funny , that comedian is a dumbass. I didn't laugh watching MK Gandhi killing ppl with AK 47 or doing a pole dance. How stupid , only idiots like him will laugh over this . Come on humour has a standard, something stupid is not necessarily funny.

yup, u're right.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
vimal_mehrotra said:
they do not have such 'technical expertise' to ban the site.so dont fear.:D
Though I am sure that they are not going to ban YouTube, it has little to do with lack of 'technical expertise'. They had once banned famous blogging sites such as Blogger, LiveJournal, etc., FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom