Got CS1 Anthology Pack - Cds Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten

Banned
I am creating this thread because I want to share my experience of purchasing Counter Strike 1 Anthology Pack. I got it from Music planet today(Wednesday,13/10/10) but when i returned back home and tried to install it, both the cds didn't work. I checked my DVDRW with a XP installation cd and it was working fine. So i was really disappointed. So I went on the internet to search for some information about this. So i got this no. 022-56920691. So i called on this no. and they(Distributors) told me to call them tomorrow at 11:30am. But i was so eager to get on steam that i took the cd back to MUSIC PLANET and told them the problem. They took the pack and told me to enquire about it after 2 days(On Friday Evening,15/10/10). So I am hoping to get a new 1 day after tomorrow. Will keep posting as what happened. :)

Update(Friday Afternoon,15/10/10):They called me back(Music Planet Guys), they told me it would take until 4 more days(Tuesday,19/10/10) to check it out.

Last edited:
OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
Update Its Tuesday(19/10/2010).....Now they say come on friday(22/10/2010).....I feel so hopeless.

Update Its Friday(22/10/2010).....I went to the store....They said they haven't found a replacement yet so i got the cds back with key for 1 day on the grounds that I will check them again on my friend's computer. I got the key and tried to register it into steam but it say i have to have the game installed before i register. Now the cds are no working. So i m fully screwed. I will return the cds back tomorrow. This is really very saddening for me. I love this game and thats the only reason for buying this game(My first ever bought game). So, I am thinking of buying it one more time but this time online. I know I am crazy.

Update Its Saturday(23/10/2010).....I went back to the store and got a new pack of CS1 Anthology....The cds look crystal clear but now my DVDRW seems to be malfunctioning....I was surely working before with other CDS and DVDS....So i think its just my bad luck....Hop i will get steam sometime soon.

Update Its Wednesday(27/10/2010)....My friend came home with his laptop with a working dvdrw.....Installed it on his machine....Activated it on steam and then downloaded it on to my computer....Atlast, I am a steamer now.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
That happens rarely. Or, may be I purchase games Rarely. In either case, What that had happened is not good. All the best for your new copy. Actually, when this happens, if you are lucky, you may get key for any other game as a compliment for staying with them.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Well, if the replacement is taking too long in coming, you can always register the key on Steam and then download the game off it.

In any case, eventually you are going to lose the disc and just download the game off the Steam account...or is that something that happens only with me?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yeah, WWC are the distributors here. Infact they had a huge issue with the PC version of OB when it was released in India and had to resort to recalling quite a few copies off the market IIRC.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, WWC are the distributors here. Infact they had a huge issue with the PC version of OB when it was released in India and had to resort to recalling quite a few copies off the market IIRC.
yup. They had issues with the keys. Steam used to say "key already in use."

OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
Well, if the replacement is taking too long in coming, you can always register the key on Steam and then download the game off it.

In any case, eventually you are going to lose the disc and just download the game off the Steam account...or is that something that happens only with me?

That happens to many people...But It never happens to me...I still have NFS3 and AOE cds in working condition.

I think it depends on the distributor. Who is the distributor of Valve games in india? e-Express?

My Orange Box has World Wide CD ROMS written in the corner.

yup. They had issues with the keys. Steam used to say "key already in use."

World Wide CDROMS were the distributors in my case.

Last edited by a moderator:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, I'm still firm on my point. You should have just used the key and registered with Steam. Downloaded the game and taken a back-up if you needed.

OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
well, I'm still firm on my point. You should have just used the key and registered with Steam. Downloaded the game and taken a back-up if you needed.

Gawd why does every1 keeps on saying that. When you dont understand the problem then dont try to be so right about saying things which are not possible.

For your clarity Mr., You cannot register a game without installing it with those cds. I have two keys now and it is not possible. So just put a lid on your piehole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom