Got CS1 Anthology Pack - Cds Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gawd why does every1 keeps on saying that. When you dont understand the problem then dont try to be so right about saying things which are not possible.

For your clarity Mr., You cannot register a game without installing it with those cds. I have two keys now and it is not possible. So just put a lid on your piehole.
I reckon you could have controlled your language here. It might not have been the case with the game which YOU have bought; but it is always the case with every other Steam game. You can't really blame me or anyone else over here. :| No wonder, people these days won't even appreciate other people trying to help.

oh btw, create an image of those CDs and transfer it to yer computer using a pen drive and mount them.

Last edited:
OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
I reckon you could have controlled your language here. It might not have been the case with the game which YOU have bought; but it is always the case with every other Steam game. :| No wonder, people these days won't even appreciate other people trying to help.

oh btw, create an image of those CDs and transfer it to yer computer using a pen drive and mount them....

Yeah you sure tried to hide what you wanted to say......So you are one of those kind who dont even want to help and want to get their share of BADLA. And for help, dont try to help people when people like you and your friend dont know what they are talking about. Misleading people to false hopes and aspirations is a sin itself dear.

One more thing......Game cds are encrypted.....I have tried to do that.

So Mr.......Atleast say "No" when you dont know what u r talking about.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yea, I had first posted about instructions on how to activate a game on Steam. But then edited my post when I googled about CS Anthology pack and saw people facing the same problem as you. Your game might be _the only_ Valve game on Steam which requires the use of the CD.

All other Steam games don't require CD to install the game. Not requiring CDs was the actual reason why Valve had launched Steam. Activate the game using the key and just download from the internet. So, why blame me or anyone else in this thread who suggested you to do so. :|

One more thing......Game cds are encrypted.....I have tried to do that.
Use Daemon Tools Lite. It should work. It worked with my Orange Box DVDs which is a relative newer game compared to CS1 Anthology.

Last edited:
J

Joker

ya,,i have never used any retail dvd on steam to install the game...activating key on steam + download works..
may be ops case is the only game

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
So just put a lid on your piehole.

Really really i want to strangle you to death....Really

And for help, dont try to help people when people like you and your friend dont know what they are talking about. Misleading people to false hopes and aspirations is a sin itself dear.

So Mr.......Atleast say "No" when you dont know what u r talking about.
And you should learn how to behave in a web forum. Just because this is an internet forum, that doesn't mean that you can throw any kind of words any time you like or behave like a total moron when people are actually trying to help you, lad.

Just a reminder:
Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Tech Discussion Forums in India - Announcements in Forum : Gamerz

Follow those rules carefully lad, otherwise you will find your stay very short here.
Hope you'll be a good lad from now :)

And btw you could have registered the game in another PC in which the Optical Drive works and entered the CD key AND then inserting the installation media when asked, and once the game is registered, it gets bound to your account. After the initial activation you can install or download it as often as you want without requirement of any media just like any game in Steam. But I guess you are too busy fuming and foul mouthing.

OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
And you should learn how to behave in a web forum. Just because this is an internet forum, that doesn't mean that you can throw any kind of words any time you like or behave like a total moron when people are actually trying to help you, lad.

Just a reminder:
Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Tech Discussion Forums in India - Announcements in Forum : Gamerz

Follow those rules carefully lad, otherwise you will find your stay very short here.
Hope you'll be a good lad from now :)

And btw you could have registered the game in another PC in which the Optical Drive works and entered the CD key AND then inserting the installation media when asked, and once the game is registered, it gets bound to your account. After the initial activation you can install or download it as often as you want without requirement of any media just like any game in Steam. But I guess you are too busy fuming and foul mouthing.

Yeah whatever you say is not correct all the time. Threatening people with consequences is a very noble way to convey your message. I was off only on one word "Piehole". The method you are suggesting needs another computer right. I don't have access to one. I help people when i really know what I am telling them really works. Its like when i ask for directions, and you guys say yeah go take a right that might work.....or a left that might work too....So if you dont know the answer to the questions I am asking.....Its better to leave it that way.

OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
And yeah I m sorry....:p(Also Liverpool fan u r not so righteous how much you think you are.....And yeah...Liverpool is in the bottom ranking)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
At the end of the day, it taught us that CS Anthology pack requires the CD to get installed and it also taught you that other games don't require the CD (activation + download will work). I always look at the brighter side. :) Thats it.

OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
At the end of the day, it taught us that CS Anthology pack requires the CD to get installed and it also taught you that other games don't require the CD (activation + download will work). I always look at the brighter side. :) Thats it.

Yeah somehow i got my hands on my friends laptop with working dvdrw. its worked and i registered my game like a charm. Then i downloaded the game on my pc via steam. Atlast, I am a steamer.

BlackPanda

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone :mrgreen:.I guess from this long drawn conversation we have understood that CS1 A needs to be installed for the CD Key to work. I myself purchased it y'day from Landmark in Hybd. And guess what the discs are crap :cry:. I havent taken them back to the shop yet. Can anyone help me with only the discs or image for me to be able to install the game.? I have the CD Key so I need only the installation files. Thanks :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom