Google Web accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody was using the Google Web accelerator product unveiled by Google in the month of May.

I just checked out their site , but they are not allowing further downloads.

Can anybody tell me how they find this product and if it really accelerated the web.

Thanks

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Have u used it . How do u find it.

Yes I did find a site from where I downloaded but it does not seem to boost anything. Instead I feel it is slowing things.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
I am right . I asked it not to montor a site and my God the site caught so much speed. Its not boosting.

May be its just memorising the frequently visited sites now, and then it may boost.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
U use Linux for everything .

Then you should be able to help me configure my Internet

I have started the topic here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28166&sid=cdc35abe815479074a4d43f167bf6655

Please try to help

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Rajas700,

Thanks anyway but dialup was pretty easy. I am facing a problem when I try to set it up with a broadband connection

But I still cannot understand how Google Accelerator Slows down the Internet instead of Accelerating it .

rajas700

Youngling
First of all u must know one thing that it is not a full product.It is a beat version.so there might be some bugs and it may result in slow.And one thing i wish to say my view is none of the tool make's u faster unless ur connection works faster.And had made connect to the internet in red hat 9.0??

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Rajas,

I get your logic behind the accelerator , but there is definately some major glitch in that product .

Also,

what were you trying to say about the internet connection in Red Hat 9.0 . I cannot get the meaning

hafees

In the zone
I think that is not for the dialup users. If we have 256kbps connection then it may accelerate.

rajas700

Youngling
godsownman said:
Rajas,

I get your logic behind the accelerator , but there is definately some major glitch in that product .

Also,

what were you trying to say about the internet connection in Red Hat 9.0 . I cannot get the meaning

I am using dailup connection.so if u need that connection setting mean'si will help u.And for broadband just give the name of ethernet adapter i will try to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom