google sites not connecting

atish4011

Broken In
hello guys
i was not sure where to post this but here isw the weird problem i am facing
i use bsnl bradband modem with 950 unlimited plan, recently (may be one or two days) i am not able to open any google related pages such as google.co.in or youtube.com gmail is opening but partially with no images. this generally happens at night ,which i have noticed.
i am using tp link wireless router to access the internet the weird problem is that it is happening on my android phone and i pod touch also.
please help as i am not able to understand the problem.

things i have tried---------------
1) resseting the modem (not rebooting) and applying all the settings again
2) rebooted multiple times
3)connected the modem directly to laptop without using the wireless modem(tp -link)
4)google sites are opening when i am using my phones gprs.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I was thinking of opening a thread on the same topic. I live in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, and I can't access any Gmail / Google / Youtube service since the past two days; even ping is not successful. I have a VPN software, CyberGhost, and I used that to get a US proxy, and then Google would open. I checked the hosts file, but there's nothing in it that could block Google.

Atish4011, where do you live?

Edit: I changed the DNS as recommended, and it works now. So what was the problem?

Thanks SaiyanGoku!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Great! I'm in more or less same situation! But it's the opposite, I mean all the Google services are opening for me, YouTube is even streaming 720p perfectly, Gmail is totally fine as well as Google search engine, but other sites which I visit often aren't opening, like GSMArena, XDA sometimes, OCN etc, and the main TPB (the proxy is fine though!).

It started from yesterday, and it's mainly happening at or after midnight! Crazy huh?

Thought about asking this too, but well we have BSNL broadband, it's a part of our life, or it should be :facepalm:

PS : Maybe it's three years or something if not more I'm on Google's DNS, so it's not a DNS issue for me at least :)

I'm located in Calcutta, W.B btw.

OP
A

atish4011

Broken In
thku saiyan goku it worked, and bhargavj i live in ranchi jharkhand
and this is the first time this problem has popped up i have been using bsnl bb for quite a long time now
any reasons how to resolve this permanently ?
and any reasons why this happens ?
has any one contacted bsnl customer support because their customer service is pathetic here in ranchi

ithehappy

Human Spambot
any reasons how to resolve this permanently ?
Yes, ditching BSNL is the only option.
and any reasons why this happens ?
has any one contacted bsnl customer support because their customer service is pathetic here in ranchi
Because it's BSNL, every sort of crazy or unthinkable stuff is very normal with them.

Their CC is the premium level of pathetic, EVERYWHERE.

I think now its working

offtopic
I want to discontinue BB plan for one month
can I do it by just calling 1504 ?? (1504 is BB CC right ?)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I have had this problem once. Some sites were opening , some were not. I traced back the problem to google drive installation. When it was in the taskbar, i was not able to open certain sites. The moment i quit it, i was able to open all sites.

Top Bottom