Google showcases voice translation feature for Android users.

thomas6188

Broken In
Google recently showed a demo of its new automated translator, which translates the voice in one language to another, much like text translation using word lens . A user having an Android phone can speak and hear in his native language. The technology is still in its alpha stage and currently the only translation possible is from English to Spanish and vice-versa.

How does it work?
Google uses a combination of two of its services: Google translate and Voice recognition technology. Software created with the help of above services, would convert the incoming voice into a language preferred by the user.

The present state:
Currently it’s supporting only English to Spanish conversion and vice-versa. Also the technology is still under development and has to cover lot of grounds in order to reach near perfection state. The feature is launched in alpha stage as it consists of some glitches like background noises, accent issue, translation time etc.

The future state:
If what Google promises turns out to be true in the near future, then it would be real boon to mobile phone users. Once this technology becomes a success, then it can then be used for the likes of other dominant mobile Oses.

If you are an Android user, then next time someone says ‘hola’ over phone, what you will hear is ‘hello’. Cool isn’t it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ cool but I hope it supports Indian accent,hOw is it going to be implemented?3rd party app?what about existing Android users?how will they get it?

OP
T

thomas6188

Broken In
@thetechfreak
At present it supports English to Spanish nd vice-versa...but considering the humungous growth of mobile market in India, i guess it wont take long. the details are still not clear though..i ll post it if i get any :)

Top Bottom