Google Nexus 2015: LG and Huawei Discussion Thread (Rumors)

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey guys, I am seeing a lot of interest for these devices, specially the LG model. So we will use this thread to discuss the rumors, the news and your expectations about the Nexus 2015. We'll change the thread to official discussion after the devices are released.

So here's what we are hearing at this moment.

LG Nexus 5/5X, codename: Bullhead

Specs, rumors updated as of 13/09/2015:

• Snapdragon 808
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 16/32 GB storage
  • 5.2-inch 1080p display
  • 2700mAh battery
  • USB-Type C - Full implementation
  • 12.3-megapixel camera
  • 5-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Fingerprint Scanner
  • Android M

Here are the alleged leaked pics:

*i.imgur.com/cMfHaap.png

*i.imgur.com/aIMRZnW.jpg

Huawei Nexus 6

Very little is known about this phone, rumored spec updated as of 13/09/2015:

• Snapdragon 820/Kirin 950
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 16/32 GB storage
  • 5.7-inch QHD display
  • 3500 mAh battery
  • USB-Type C - Full implementation
  • 21 megapixel rear camera
  • Fingerprint Scanner
  • Android M

The alleged leaked pics, take with ample amount of salt:

*i.imgur.com/s38wDD7.jpg

*i.imgur.com/L9QwRuY.jpg

*i.imgur.com/aZR8arW.jpg

Both the phones will launch with Android M on 29th September 2015 and will be available for pre-orders in the US starting from middle of October.

So what are your thoughts on this? What do you NEED from these two devices?

Source:
*www.androidpit.com/nexus-5-2015-price-release-date-specs-features
*www.androidpit.com/nexus-6-2015-release-date-price-specs-features

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Well a Chinese website is reporting that Huawei one will be postponed to next year as Huawei is working on a dual edge phone. So if it is indeed postponed than we might see the 820 making its way to this Nexus. Else if it is released this year we might see an 810 under the hood.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Well a Chinese website is reporting that Huawei one will be postponed to next year as Huawei is working on a dual edge phone. So if it is indeed postponed than we might see the 820 making its way to this Nexus. Else if it is released this year we might see an 810 under the hood.
810 will be a bad choice, rather the Kirin 950 is excellent, close performance but without the throttle strangling the clockspeed. I'd rather wait than having the 810, that completely turned me off from the OPT in the first place.

Wonder if we'd see force touch, Huawei has the technology running in their Mate S ( you lose Apple :p ): Huawei brings Force Touch to its phones before Apple | The Verge

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
well huawei nexus was spotted on geekbench with snapdragon 810 and 3gb ram. lg nexus will come with snapdragon 620

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Well it seems Huawei model will come with 3GB RAM. So LG one might be 2GB. And the Huawei one is priced damn high. Zauba lists a device named "Angler" which is supposed to be the code name for the HUawei Nexus.

Specs: FOXCOMM HYNIX 3 GB RAM SAMSUNG32GB EMMC LTE.
Price 44975.

This price will go down when ordered in bulk, still I think this phone is going in the 38-40k range

$hadow

Geek in making
Ow man this Huawei nexus looks so ugly. Though that lg one is looking decent and I am holding out for this and Moto x Style.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
As long as the 32GB N5 comes under 25k everything is fine. 64GB should come at max 28k. Any more and it will lose out to Moto X Style.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Official: Nexus launch: Google promises ?tasty new treats? at September 29 event | Ars Technica

*i.imgur.com/hZalq1e.jpg

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Bring it on. I have money in my hands just give me the reason to spend it.
Pray the camera turns out good. I just did a ghetto mod on my G2 lens cover and it's taking fantastic pics, better than before. If the camera isn't that good then I'm not spending close to 30k on a SD808 device just for android M and fingerprint scanner.

$hadow

Geek in making
Pray the camera turns out good. I just did a ghetto mod on my G2 lens cover and it's taking fantastic pics, better than before. If the camera isn't that good then I'm not spending close to 30k on a SD808 device just for android M and fingerprint scanner.

That is what worries me as well. I hope we saw a wide aperture camera like the lights of G4. Even if it is close I will be happy coz initial reviews of Moto X shows that it ain't performing well in low light.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I saw a video review of the moto x style camera. Except low light without flash the camera is good. It performs poorly only at low light without flash. Beats the OPT camera hands down.

I am more inclined towards the Moto X Style. I can live without the fingerprint scanner and the practicality and functionality of moto suite is awesome.

Last edited:
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
If LG puts in a lower resolution G4 camera with all the features in N5 I'll buy it eyes closed. G4 had undoubtedly one of the best if not the best camera in today's world. Don't care about megapixels.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Any updates?

[YOUTUBE]Jc-LEG0T_4c[/YOUTUBE]

Watch live, nothing new yet, they borrowed a couple of features from the Moto X Line, specially the gesture sensing technology.

- - - Updated - - -

Nexus 5X:
$379 - 16GB
$429 - 32GB

Nexus 6P:
$499 - 32GB
$549 - 64GB
$649 - 128GB

Nexus protect and every other feature like free $50 play store credit won't be available in India as usual. Leaked specs are correct expect the fact that the 6P has an amoled screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Nexus Protect(Only USA for now):

You get a second year of warranty coverage and two years of coverage on accidental damage.

$69 for the 5X, $89 for the 6P

- - - Updated - - -

Marshamllow hits the 5, 6, 7, 9, and Player.

Nexus 4, eat your heart out.

- - - Updated - - -

New features for Play music, none for India as usual, yeaay.

- - - Updated - - -

Shared album in google photos. Like FB open album.

- - - Updated - - -

New Chromecast launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Chromecast Audio launched, new device, stream audio via wifi, 3.5mm output jack, rca and optical supported.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
They should compensate for no 50$ play store credit here with 50$ (~= Rs 3300) worth of IEMs, Powerbank, etc. Amazon.in gift voucher would also work.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Chromecast now supports games, use the phone hardware and display on the tv, support for iOS as well.

- - - Updated - - -

They should compensate for no 50$ play store credit here with 50$ (~= Rs 3300) worth of IEMs, Powerbank, etc. Amazon.in gift voucher would also work.
This is India, they know we'd buy the phones anyway :-x

- - - Updated - - -

Chromecast Audio, $35 only.

- - - Updated - - -

New Chromebook Pixel C launched, hybrid tablet with detachable keyboard. Comes with nVidia X1 chipset and Maxwell GPU. The most exciting product launched today. Absolute gorgeous.

Top Bottom