Google Nexus 2015: LG and Huawei Discussion Thread (Rumors)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Pixel C Price:

32GB, $499
64GB, $599

- - - Updated - - -

Watched half. Is there SD card? Has Indian pricing been announced?
Not mentioned for the Nexuses, I'm sure there won't be any, as the prices for memory upgrade is huge.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Although the 6P looked hideous in the leaks, the official images look good. But with a 40k price tag in India, and 32k for 5X its bye bye Nexus and hello Moto!! I wish the Style is now launched soon

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Although the 6P looked hideous in the leaks, the official images look good. But with a 40k price tag in India, and 32k for 5X its bye bye Nexus and hello Moto!! I wish the Style is now launched soon
October 2nd week. Testing units imported already.

This isn't a fair comparison at all: LG Nexus 5X vs. Motorola Moto X Style - GSMArena.com

That makes the fingerprint scanner look like its worth 10k. The Nexus 5X is absolutely pathetic. 16GB and 4K? Google copying the bad stuff from Apple. 2700mah battery, meh. Its literally the ugliest phone I have seen in the last 2 years. Only google can think about getting away with a phone as ugly as that. Polycarbonate unibody? My toothbrush has that.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

This isn't a fair comparison at all: LG Nexus 5X vs. Motorola Moto X Style - GSMArena.com

That makes the fingerprint scanner look like its worth 10k. The Nexus 5X is absolutely pathetic. 16GB and 4K? Google copying the bad stuff from Apple. 2700mah battery, meh. Its literally the ugliest phone I have seen in the last 2 years. Only google can think about getting away with a phone as ugly as that. Polycarbonate unibody? My toothbrush has that.
Yes so am hoping a month within the review units import date. The price looks promising for the review units

Nerevarine

Incarnate
What about this guisu ?
Buy Xiaomi Mi4C 2GB RAM 32GB ROM | Xiaomi Mi 4c Price
not a xiaomi fan but the price tag for SD 808 is too good

What about this guisu ?
Buy Xiaomi Mi4C 2GB RAM 32GB ROM | Xiaomi Mi 4c Price
not a xiaomi fan but the price tag for SD 808 is too good

If its released in India even below 20k for 32GB version, it would be a good buy (But Xiaomi can price it lower)

- - - Updated - - -

5X vs Style ?? Really? One can be considered a smartphone while other is a phablet

People who want a 5" device will not go for X Style

But 5X doesn't look good. Other specs are good. I hope battery life won't be a problem.

But 6.0 doesn't seem an incremental update (after KK, LP was a bit of a jump due to material design but ... )

kevz22

crazy techie
With a starting price of Rs.31,990 for the 16gig Nexus 5X, I wouldn't be surprised if the prices fall to under 20k in just a couple of months due to below par sales figures. I mean seriously? You have the LG G3 with similar(read, much better) specs retailing for 28k with the added benefit of expandable storage and a superb camera and Google expects people to buy the 5X? :facepalm:

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
The biggest fail in history of Google, they will not sell a fraction of competitors with this price.

Nexus 6P 32GB: INR 39,999 - Its okay, if the camera and the Amoled screen draws attention. Otherwise the G4 has a better camera and SD card support.

Nexus 6P 64GB: INR 42,999 - Maybe okay, but nothing special. Again needs to compete with G4. S6 edge also carries massive brand value compare to Huawei.

Nexus 6P 128GB: INR 47,999 - Note 5 will murder this biatch. People who spend close to 50k on a phone don't care about core android experience that much. For them the Note 5 will provide much better bang for buck and brand value.

Nexus 5X 16GB: INR 31,900 - In what universe is this better than X Style and LG G3? Only die hard google fans will buy this and we can count them using fingers.

Nexus 5X 32GB: INR 35,900 - 4k extra for 16GB? FU Google. This is the cr@ppiest deal.

So google screwed up bad, hope Motorola doesn't get inspired by this failure and ends up pricing the X Style higher than they originally intended.

the.one

In the zone
The biggest fail in history of Google, they will not sell a fraction of competitors with this price.

Nexus 6P 32GB: INR 39,999 - Its okay, if the camera and the Amoled screen draws attention. Otherwise the G4 has a better camera and SD card support.

Nexus 6P 64GB: INR 42,999 - Maybe okay, but nothing special. Again needs to compete with G4. S6 edge also carries massive brand value compare to Huawei.

Nexus 6P 128GB: INR 47,999 - Note 5 will murder this biatch. People who spend close to 50k on a phone don't care about core android experience that much. For them the Note 5 will provide much better bang for buck and brand value.

Nexus 5X 16GB: INR 31,900 - In what universe is this better than X Style and LG G3? Only die hard google fans will buy this and we can count them using fingers.

Nexus 5X 32GB: INR 35,900 - 4k extra for 16GB? FU Google. This is the cr@ppiest deal.

So google screwed up bad, hope Motorola doesn't get inspired by this failure and ends up pricing the X Style higher than they originally intended.

Xiaomi is selling mi4c with similar specs of 5x at half its price. I dont know if fingerprint scanner is worth doubling the amount.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Xiaomi is selling mi4c with similar specs of 5x at half its price. I dont know if fingerprint scanner is worth doubling the amount.
Yes, but I see two problems with mi4c.

1. It's China exclusive and probably won't come to India.
2. No Sd card support and fixed 16GB memory. If this doesn't bother you then for the sake of hardware only Mi4c is a better choice.

Only if you can buy it.

ankushv

Journeyman
Google is aiming to be like Microsoft on the software side and Apple on the hardware side . Complete dominance . High priced inferior hardware and arm twisting other manufacturer's to include the complete gapps package in their phones thereby increasing bloatware (play games, play moves , play books etc etc ...) . Just include the minimum gapps . I'll download whatever I like later as per my requirements .
Google will go downhill in the eyes of its users , while the company will continue to become richer .

the.one

In the zone
Yes, but I see two problems with mi4c.

1. It's China exclusive and probably won't come to India.
2. No Sd card support and fixed 16GB memory. If this doesn't bother you then for the sake of hardware only Mi4c is a better choice.

Only if you can buy it.

Yes its not in India now. But they can get it here whenever they want to, and going by prices in China it should be less than 20k here.

So if they choose to bring it here with 32gb options, should kill the sales of 5x.

Top Bottom