google chrome

> Are you referring to the browser responsiveness or the slow internet speed?

> Which internet plan/connection are you using?

Please use better thread titles.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
im using google chrome on bsnl home plan 900 bbnd unlimited- i mean slower browser responsiveness-it opens pages late-todays download speed 1608 kbits

Last edited:

y2j826

Journeyman
Better use Firefox now, I was also using Chrome till its 29th version and after that it is getting slower and slower, now into Firefox and its working smoothly...

dabster

In the zone
Better use Firefox now, I was also using Chrome till its 29th version and after that it is getting slower and slower, now into Firefox and its working smoothly...

or what is slower. Startup time ? Page loading time ? issue with too many tabs making slower ? did you check memory manager in chrome/chromium to report memory usage - comparison with other browser ?

Pick up a SRware iron build(which is a stripped-down version of chrome and very similar to chromium) - It has no reaching google servers thing enabled [ SRWare Iron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ] - germans are more strict on their privacy concerns and seemingly a german group maintains this. Privacy and no unnecessary connecting to google servers.

above + opendns should keep things good.
Happy Surfing!

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
I've used Chrome , Mozilla & IE (well, who hasn't now a days?). But I've always found Mozilla to get buggy after a few installations of add ons, even the most popular ones.

I switched to Chrome and it's the fastest browser out of the 3 IMO. And for god's sake, please never use Internet Explorer. It is one shitty browser. Trust me. It's not just my word. I'm a web developer and you can find most of the quirks happen in IE. WebKit based browsers, i.e., Chrome & Opera are good. They render most of the advanced CSS3 stuff to you therefore enabling you to enjoy the latest sites fully.

Well, long story short, Google Chrome isn't slow. Its just that you might have a virus or some settings screwed up. Try a clean install of Chrome and check if it works. If it doesn't, then give Mozilla a try. Before you decide that a browser is crappy, try to open it up in safe mode. Not the windows safe mode. The browser will have a safe mode of its own. It disables all the add ons and there fore allows you to infer what might be causing the slow down.

On a side note, Chrome is indeed known for a bit more memory consumption than other browsers. So if you've ample memory, then something else should be the problem and not the browser it self.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Let me say this, Mozilla Firefox is a pretty stable and fast (loading and rendering ) browser until you plague with a dozen addons. Install a dozen addons in chrome and it will equally suck. Chrome's memory hungry habits are well known.
How old is your system? Does it have decent available RAM?
You are running too many applications at once?
As someone else here suggested, try running browser in safe mode (IIRC it's called incognito in chrome, don't remember exactly, I use Firefox). Try updating addons and plugins.

$hadow

Geek in making
Mine is working fine with a few extensions lately was using many and indeed it was slowing down as hell. Better use extension which you need not the unnecessary ones.

Top Bottom