Google AdWords. Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
Hello Digisters..

Google AdWords is big, right? Now does it really work? For the advertiser? I use Google innumerable times everyday ( like u do! :p )...say I'm searching for a Photoshop tutorial website ... I'd rather click on the first non-sponsored link on the first page rather than on the one highlighted with dum-dum colours on the right in a box... the sponsored link... My belief is that the first non-sponsored link happens to be there since that website was liked by a number of users who linked back to the site, giving the No.1 spot for the site (assuming Google pageranking does sort of work that way) ... Whereas the sponsored link guy, had to pay up to get his website mentioned on the First result page.. So does everybody think this way? If so, then how on earth did AdWords get so big?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Google Adwords, doesnt always show in Google Search...it will show on webpages aswell if the advertiser has selected it ;)

ahref

In the zone
ricky_pradeep said:
Hello Digisters..

Google AdWords is big, right? Now does it really work? For the advertiser? I use Google innumerable times everyday ( like u do! :p )...say I'm searching for a Photoshop tutorial website ... I'd rather click on the first non-sponsored link on the first page rather than on the one highlighted with dum-dum colours on the right in a box... the sponsored link... My belief is that the first non-sponsored link happens to be there since that website was liked by a number of users who linked back to the site, giving the No.1 spot for the site (assuming Google pageranking does sort of work that way) ... Whereas the sponsored link guy, had to pay up to get his website mentioned on the First result page.. So does everybody think this way? If so, then how on earth did AdWords get so big?

You are right, if you are looking for info. But I always go for sponsor link, when I have to purchase something. Because what I believe is that the site with sponsor link is doing serious business. Many times I have found site in first page of organic result, has abandon the business. Generally older sites get higher rank in organic results and chances are that they are not updated since last many months or years.

Also from advertisers point of view, there is no alternative to google adwords, in terms of results

Saharika

In the zone
well
i want to ad on partcular big site of india....through ad on this site option...
(that way it will be cheaper than paying for ad to site itself)

at that case..
what can be problem
first problem offcourse they might block the ad...

but isn't there any way that the site is not allowed to block that ad...
can increasing click (cpm) google for our ad do any thing....

and does google allows devenagari script ads...

ahref

In the zone
If site block your URL, then your ad can not be displayed on that site, whatever high cpm you offer.

I have seen many devenagri script google ads, also you can use banner ads to convey your message in devenagri

Saharika

In the zone
ahref said:
If site block your URL, then your ad can not be displayed on that site, whatever high cpm you offer.

I have seen many devenagri script google ads, also you can use banner ads to convey your message in devenagri

isnt thre provision from google that u cannot block this or certain kind of ads...if you want to be part of adsense program for that site

in TOS...

can any thing done..actually the local rates normally are too high...

OP
R

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
ahref said:
You are right, if you are looking for info. But I always go for sponsor link, when I have to purchase something. Because what I believe is that the site with sponsor link is doing serious business. Many times I have found site in first page of organic result, has abandon the business. Generally older sites get higher rank in organic results and chances are that they are not updated since last many months or years.

Also from advertisers point of view, there is no alternative to google adwords, in terms of results

Thats another way of thinking I guess... Cool!

ashfame

Padawan
can sumone pl xplain wt is adwords?
i m using adsense bt wt is dis?
can it b used with adsense on da blog?

ahref

In the zone
can sumone pl xplain wt is adwords?
i m using adsense bt wt is dis?
can it b used with adsense on da blog?
Adwords is other end of adsense, In adsense you display ad in your site and earn money. In adwords people pay money to show ads in adsense and in google or their partner search engines.

...and how much does google adwords cost in India ? link ?
Signup cost is $5 one time. After that you decide how much you want to pay per click. Min is 1cent per click i.e approx 45 paisa per click.

However in order to get good traffic, you will have to pay according to competition.

For competitive industries rates are as high as Rs 50 per click to display ads in first page of search engine in India.

If you want to display your ad in US or european countries you will have to shell out more money per click

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@anandk

Certainly the Adword is not for u, (considering u needs which we disscuss over PM :D )

and also, Google Adwords present PPC technology is out dated... even Google will impliment referral type Adword campain soon, where u will pay only when u sell a product, rather than just for getting a Click :D

ahref

In the zone
Choto Cheeta said:
@anandk

Certainly the Adword is not for u, (considering u needs which we disscuss over PM :D )

and also, Google Adwords present PPC technology is out dated... even Google will impliment referral type Adword campain soon, where u will pay only when u sell a product, rather than just for getting a Click :D

I think PPC will stay many more years. Regarding referal program, they are highly tilted towards advertisers, thats why google use this only for their products and not for advertisers.

Google is not going to abandon PPC as it is their cash cow, and their is no dearth of advertisers who are willing to advertise in PPC campaigns.

anandk

Distinguished Member
i poked my nose into whats adsense/adwords just around a fortnight back :D so just checking it out...ya its not for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom