Goodbye From Motorola!

LegendKiller

In the zone
Motorola has officially shut shop in India and visitors to its Indian website are greeted with a message announcing the same. Here's what the indian website says

Important Message to our customers in IndiaWe are streamlining our business and support systems, and unfortunately, we’ll no longer have a dedicated website for India.
Your local support site will remain open well into the future, and we’ll continue to provide support for our existing products.
If you are interested in viewing our current products, you can still do so here.*
*Products on these sites are not guaranteed to be available in your country.

So, the rumors have turned out to be true. Motorola are themselves to blame here, they have not released any good phones here on time and even the dated Atrix-2 came good 7-8 months after US release.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Sad to see this. Android adoption is booming in India, yet Motorola could not take advantage of it. They were never serious about the Indian market even though they came in quite early, when the telecom boom began in India.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Motorola is still on XDA boycott list... They make the worse anti-developer friendly phones... Never buy Motorola...

Last edited:

aCe: dAvE

Broken In
They were never serious about the Indian market even though they came in quite early, when the telecom boom began in India.
+1 to this.
Next, Nokia will go bankrupt unless they dont come up with better innovations.
For <10k phone I'd go with Karbonn/Micromax now. Their phones are getting better and better imo. While the fate of Moto was sealed years ago.

tkin

Back to school!!
The first mobile in my family was moto, it was one of the best back then, too bad.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Sales in Asia are actually rising much faster. China has overtaken US as worlds largest smartphone market. Although India is relatively smaller smartphone market, numbers will grow very fast in near future.
here is something
India : 50 million phones shipped in Q1 2012; Smartphone’s drop though | Asia News – Politics, Media, Education | Asian Correspondent
89.6% of Phones sold in India cost below 5K.
7.8% cost between 5 to 10K.
only 2.5% are above 10K price.

Last edited:

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Who better to ask than someone who holds one right now. I have a RaZr and believe me, Motorola (and Sanjay Jha) treat you like ****.

The device is no doubt amazing...but updates suck.

Top Bottom