Good VFM 14inch Graphic Card Laptop

powerstarprince

In the zone
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs 40,000 - 45,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14-inch screen size, good resolution & screen quality, around 2 kgs

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell, Asus

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Surfing, Light programming/softwares,Movies, Gaming(Fifa,Crysis,AC,COD)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
standard 1366x768 or lower

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
purchasing in local shops and not online. Suggest me a good laptop with nice build quality, good ASS and future proof. Mainly looking from HP, Dell and Asus.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
Hello guys, after a bit of searching for my 14" laptops ... i have listed down two laptops and need your help to choose the best from it.
1) HP Pavilion G4-2049tx
2) Dell Inspiron 14R 5420

Both of them have the same specs core i5 3210, 4gb ram, 500gb HD, 1366x768 and so on. Only difference is that the Hp has amd radeon 7670m gpu and the dell has gt 630m. I found out that the amd gpu is slightly faster than the nvidia but still i like intel+ nvidia combo so i'm not sure which one to buy from here. Next point is which of these has a better build quality? Both are made of plastic n' since i game sometimes for long hours don't want the lappy to get heated so much and its parts wearing out in the long run. I observed that the vents in the G4 are smaller than the inspiron.

Comparing the prices of these, the hp one is 1-2k cheaper than dell ... I want to buy a laptop soon, should i wait till christmas or new year for prices to come down? If not i'm willing to buy it in a few days.

One more confirmation needed... I read that the gt 630m gpu comes in 3 variants based on architecture GF108 & GF106, GF 116. The GF 108 is a renamed gt 540m with 96 pixel shaders while the other is renamed gt 550m n' one of it has 144 shaders. Which one of these does the inspiron laptop have?

123hero

In the zone
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs 40,000 - 45,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14-inch screen size, good resolution & screen quality, around 2 kgs

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell, Asus

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Surfing, Light programming/softwares,Movies, Gaming(Fifa,Crysis,AC,COD)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
standard 1366x768 or lower

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
purchasing in local shops and not online. Suggest me a good laptop with nice build quality, good ASS and future proof. Mainly looking from HP, Dell and Asus.

you cab also have a look at

Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)
INR 38053 on flipkart.....very thin laptop but without CD/DVD drive

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
Thanks for ur suggestion 123hero... that laptop is good but i want to buy one with the intel processor esp. core i5... I'm also unsure about the build quality or the ASS of lenovo laptops. Mostly it's gonna be either dell or Hp from above models unless one points out to a laptop better than expected.

123hero

In the zone
@ shadow....
actually the s 405 is kind of a sleek book...and is little underpowered .....
one of my cousin has a Dell n5050 model..which is an inspiron model....he was pretty impressed with the build quality...though more inputs from other members are solicited..
i am also on the lookout for a lappie in the same price range....but with a bigger screen...
if u can consider a 15.6 lappie..u can also have a look at
HP Pavilion G6-2202TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)
Rs. 45696
and
Dell New Inspiron 15R 3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ 1GB Graphics/ Linux Laptop
Rs. 44384
prices from flipkart

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
actually the s 405 is kind of a sleek book...and is little underpowered .....

for the price it is overpriced too. should be priced at 35k max.

@shadow, 14" doesn't mean light weight and if you play games you'll definitely feel 14" to be small. like 123hero said, go for 15". Those will weight slightly more but you get a dedicated numberpad which does help in games.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
i'm inclined to 14" laptops and like them because of the little decrement in size and few loss of weight will be easy to carry them around. The HD resolutions looks good here when compared to the 15.6"... but will take your suggestion into account before i finally purchase my lappy. I'm confused between the Dell and HP so which one would be a better purchase? inspiron or pavilion G series??

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
anybody there to help? I'm stuck with 2 laptops to choose from - Dell Inspiron 14R 5420 or HP Pavilion g6 2049tx. Both cost almost the same price and have same specs except the graphic card is different. Which one to buy? and when ? wait till christmas??

Top Bottom