Good SMPS needed for XFX 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratik03

Journeyman
Need good SMPS for XFX 8600GT
My configuration is
Pentium D 930, 945G motherboard, one HDD & DVD writer
I have recently Burnt my Zebronics 400W SMPS (after installing graphic card)
if possible also quote [SIZE=-1]Lamingnton road [/SIZE]prices [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I use zebronics & its good except that it requires a cabinet which lets you a fan output on the top back of the cabinet, so choose accordingly your cabinet.

OP
pratik03

pratik03

Journeyman
I have just seen image of Zebronics 500w Platinum SMPS it has big fan top of case.
*www.zebronics.net/images/power/500W_platinum_b.jpg

After mounting SMPS in the case what is the position of fan towards the motherboard or upper side case ?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Both ways possible, but I could not find any zebronics cabinet or any other company which can output air to top so mine is mounted ulta.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
It sucks air from inside of cabby and blows out thru rear like most other PSU. It just that the fan is located at bottom of PSU though the direction of airflow is same as others.
Even Platinum 400w is more than enuf for his config. If hes gonna have a gcard, then get 500w platnum for 1.7k.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
*www.zebronics.net/images/power/500W_platinum_b.jpg
In both the positions it cannot suck the air from within the cabinet.
I don't understand how else you mean to say what u say, can u explain?

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Its not so noisy but why should it blow inwards since its above the cpu fan where it interfere with the cpu fan flow?
Why would u prefer it inward?
by inward i meant into the smps:), the fan blows such that it cools the heat sink inside smps.

In both the positions it cannot suck the air from within the cabinet.
I don't understand how else you mean to say what u say, can u explain?
why not it sucks air frm top of the cpu fan...not much interference der.

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
*img253.imageshack.us/img253/2797/zebpsuultamo0.th.jpg
This is how I have it mounted flowing downwards & I don't thing it should be mounted downwards as it surely disturbs the airflow, but I don't have a choice

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
he he...this cud help
*img172.imageshack.us/img172/5859/500wplatinumbfz4.th.jpg

sorry...i didnt have time for corect drawing.[haf xam 2moro]

Mine too is 500w platinum is its sucking air from underside and throwing out from rear.im sure of it.
But somewhere heard that earlier platnum models had inverted fan which worked in opposite dir.

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
@ranjan2001

in ur case its somewhat closer to the cpu fan,since both fans sucks inside i dont think it will cause any problem for ur cpu fan

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
he he...this cud help
*img172.imageshack.us/img172/5859/500wplatinumbfz4.th.jpg

sorry...i didnt have time for corect drawing.[haf xam 2moro]

Mine too is 500w platinum is its sucking air from underside and throwing out from rear.im sure of it.
But somewhere heard that earlier platnum models had inverted fan which worked in opposite dir.
I bought this in feb 2007 & in my case it seems the fan is mounted ulta (then it does not suck air) I am sure too it throws air inwards right above the SMPS fan which is not good but I did not have much choice.

Once its outof warranty I will open & mount it ulta so it sucks out the hot air.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom