but my budget is only 10k:-(

maybe u guys can suggest me something:smile:

thanks

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
CPU: AMD Phenom X3 (tri-core) 8450+ -> 4.5k
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-M78GN-S2HP -> 4.5k
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR2/800 -> 1.2k

These prices are only approximate and differs from place to place. If the total exceeds your budget in your place, you can go for an AMD X2 7750+ Black Edition -> 3.5k.

OP
S

sumit.t

Right off the assembly line
hey thanks guys

but i want to knw if this processor is better then a core 2 duo

thanks guys
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
hey thanks guys

but i want to knw if this processor is better then a core 2 duo

thanks guys

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Comparing CPUs is a tricky thing. The results depend on which application is used for benchmarking. For example, taking some figures from tomshardware.com -

With Supreme Commander, the AMD X3 8450+ is much faster than an Intel C2D E7200, and is even faster than an E8500 which costs 9k. With Crysis, the E7200 is much faster than AMD 8450+. With Unreal Tournament, they are almost exactly equal. For video rendering with Adobe Premiere, the AMD 8450+ is slightly faster.

So, overall, I guess the two are approximately equal, but the E7200 costs more. Besides, motherboards with good onboard graphics are less common for Intel processors and they tend to be more expensive. So, in general, AMD systems give more VFM, especially with a limited budget.

To make things even more confusing, the much cheaper AMD X2 7750+ is almost as fast as the other two in some benchmarks, and is actually faster than the 8450+ in Crysis.

One thing to remember is that slight differences in benchmarks are often unnoticeable in actual use.

OP
S

sumit.t

Right off the assembly line
heh things r getting confusing here

guys i m into graphics and animation field ..and i have heard that AMD is a better processor when u r doing graphics and rendering stuff..is it true??:smile:

btw thanks for ur help guys:)

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
wat pimpom said is right...I hav seem dat bench in Tom's. Buying X3 8450 hav greater vfm than its equivalent intel platform due to the availability of gud mobos for intel platform which costs high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom