Good graphics card

masuresh

Broken In
I require a graphics card for the following configuration for price up to Rs.3000/-

Processor - Intel Dual core E5200 2.5 Ghz
Mother Board - Gigabyte M41 Combo
Ram - 4 GB Corasair 1333 Ghz
HDD - 500 Gb Seagate
Monitor - Viwsonic 20” LED

Please suggest a good Graphics card.

M Suresh

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
GT 520.
Well you can game on 1024x800 or 1280 x 800 with this card on all set to Low/medium

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's the best option for Op to have but if Op can spend 500 bucks more then getting GT240 1 GB GDDR5 makes more sense.

BTW, the dollar price hike really made things crazy - even 15-20 days ago the ddr3 and GDDr5 version was selling at same price on flipkart - so if Op can find the Gddr5 version locally at cheap price he should get that.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes the gddr5 version is faster, but in most of the places, ddr5 one is out of stock

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ blame it on sellers - if a gpu has both DDr3 and GDDr5 versions available most of the seller will just stock the DDr3 version - there's a simple logic of them which works behind this - they can't understand the performance difference between ddr3 and GDDr5 - so if you can sell a gpu of same model at 0.5/1k less why bother to stock and get the Gddr5 version as lower priced version of same gpu will have better selling potential and a lot of customers even think that way ( 1GB ddr3 is faster tha 512MB GDDr5 ) though things are changing slowly day by day because of people forum members like us ;-)

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^
But i dont find any in my place except the Rashi guys who have atleast some knowledge about all these unlike the dumb shopkeepers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get the GDDr3 version then or else opt for HD5570 1GB GDDr3.

BTW, what's the max amount you can spend for the gfx card ?

Top Bottom