good config for around 12k

Status
Not open for further replies.

justo

Broken In
a friend of mine is planning to upgrade his computer ...... he will be keeping the moniter, mouse and keyboard ....... he is only willing to spend 12k on the upgrade ..... what config will he be able to get at that price ..................

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Prices vary from place to place, but as a guide -

Sempron 2200+ = 2.5k
C18G-400 mobo = 4.0k
256MB DDR400 = 2.2k
Seagate 80GB = 2.8k
Liteon CD-drive = 0.7k
Sony FDD = 0.3k
Cabinet + PSU = 1.0k

Total = 13.5k

This is slightly over your friend's budget, but it will be worth it if he can manage it. He'll be able to play most games on it. If he must, he can keep within 12k by omittimg the floppy drive, use 128MB RAM instead of 256MB, 40GB HDD instead of 80GB.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hey justo...
pimpom suggested u a very good competitive config...
but if u ommit 128MB,it will slow down things a bit...but that too depends on the aplication or use of the PC....try not to ommit RAM,instead go for 40GB HDD...nd if u can get ur old cabinet u save 1000 more!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hey dude i also saw this kind if config on techtree is this sempron a 64bit proccy y is it so cheap.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
djmykey said:
Hey dude i also saw this kind if config on techtree is this sempron a 64bit proccy y is it so cheap.
No, Semprons are not 64-bit. They're cut-down versions of Athlon XPs, just as Durons were, and also as Celerons are cut-down versions of Pentium 2/3/4. The main difference of these budget CPUs from their big brothers is that they have smaller internal cache memory and in some cases lower FSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom