Good but some what cheap LED 1080p monitor?

D@rekills4

In the zone
Hey guys, haven't been here for a long time.

Can you guys suggest me a good 1080p LED monitor for my desktop which is somewhat cheap?

I am currently running a simple 1280 × 1024 monitor and it's getting quite annoying at this point. :(

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
Just bought Dell S2240L and it works good as long as you don't have problems with a glossy panel

Hmmmm. I don't really want a glossy panel since there is way too much sun light in my room LOL.

Get the HP 22/24/25/27 fi/xi series of monitors. Excellent in all the areas over any monitor in the market right now.

Do they have a glossy panel? I want a little glossy, not completely. I wouldn't see anything considering how much sun light enters in my room.

Any other suggestions guys? Like anything apart from HP?
Are 2K monitors cheap? Like somewhat around 10K?

At the same time, should I keep my old 1280 × 1024 monitor for a dual monitor setup? :D

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hmmmm. I don't really want a glossy panel since there is way too much sun light in my room LOL.
Do they have a glossy panel? I want a little glossy, not completely. I wouldn't see anything considering how much sun light enters in my room.
Any other suggestions guys? Like anything apart from HP?
Are 2K monitors cheap? Like somewhat around 10K?
At the same time, should I keep my old 1280 × 1024 monitor for a dual monitor setup? :D

AOC i2276VWM 22" LED IPS -9000.

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
yup check out these they are the latest in the race.....

Yeah, I am already thinking about those, but before I go there I just want to ask regarding 2K monitors.
Can I get a cheap one for around 10K?
I thought it would be a better and long term investment since 1080p may become out dated any time soon?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
2K at those prices not possible at the moment. Yes the HPs are glossy but then glossy bring about the best in color contrast and dynamics but light will kill em all.

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
2K at those prices not possible at the moment. Yes the HPs are glossy but then glossy bring about the best in color contrast and dynamics but light will kill em all.

Hmmmm. There is a lot of sunlight in my room. Even dark curtains aren't helping. Sunlight comes in from two sides.

Is there any good monitor that can counter that?

Okay, forget about 2K, although I would like to know how much would 2K cost.

One more question, what is the meaning of LED and LCD backlit?

EDIT:
Is this one any good?

BenQ GL2450HM 24 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor Price in India - Buy BenQ GL2450HM 24 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor online at Flipkart.com

I didn't find the HP ones you people suggested that much appealing.

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Hmmmm. There is a lot of sunlight in my room. Even dark curtains aren't helping. Sunlight comes in from two sides.

EDIT:
Is this one any good?

BenQ GL2450HM 24 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor Price in India - Buy BenQ GL2450HM 24 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor online at Flipkart.com

if u are okey with TN panel....

quicky008

Technomancer
Do Dell and HP offer decent after-sales service for their monitors?I've been contemplating buying a new 1080p monitor for myself as well and these newer IPS panels from Dell and HP(eg s2240l and 22FI) have really intrigued me-however as a long time Samsung user,i'm somewhat hesitant to make the switch to any other brand as i hardly have any experience with their after-sales service(but my overall experience with Samsung's A.s.s. has been really satisfactory).So will there be any potential risk in opting for a dell or hp monitor as far as service is concerned?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

EDIT:
Is this one any good?

When they say LED panel / LCD panel slap them,since all are LCD panels but the lighting source is either a light-emitting diodes (LEDs) or An electroluminescent panel (ELP) or cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) or hot cathode fluorescent lamps (HCFLs).

Last edited:
OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
When they say LED panel / LCD panel slap them,since all are LCD panels but the lighting source is either a light-emitting diodes (LEDs) or An electroluminescent panel (ELP) or cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) or hot cathode fluorescent lamps (HCFLs).

So I should go with LCD backlit LED right?

The main purpose of why I am buying this monitor would be gaming, what response time would you suggest?

Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor Price in India - Buy Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor online at Flipkart.com

↑ This seems good according to me. I have seen it at a friend's place but would 7 MS response time be good? Seems to be a lot for gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I am into that Dell laptop is that it has full glass on the front and has very less side side edges (I don't know what is it called, I hope you guys get what I am saying. :D)

And also it is a little bit glossy. I want a monitor like that but will a response time lower than 5 MS. :)

Thank you for all your help so far.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
So I should go with LCD backlit LED right?

The main purpose of why I am buying this monitor would be gaming, what response time would you suggest?

Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor Price in India - Buy Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor online at Flipkart.com

↑ This seems good according to me. I have seen it at a friend's place but would 7 MS response time be good? Seems to be a lot for gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I am into that Dell laptop is that it has full glass on the front and has very less side side edges (I don't know what is it called, I hope you guys get what I am saying. :D)

And also it is a little bit glossy. I want a monitor like that but will a response time lower than 5 MS. :)

Thank you for all your help so far.
let me give u a warning ahead, s2240l is glossy as hell, buy only if u dnt have a direct light source in front of monitor......

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
let me give u a warning ahead, s2240l is glossy as hell, buy only if u dnt have a direct light source in front of monitor......

Yeah, but I want a little bit glossy at least not nothing. It will look like an LCD.
Please can you guys tell me glossy laptops but with low response times?
Cause looking at monitors through my old monitor doesn't show me their glossiness LOL.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you want fast response time you have to buy TN LCD panels. IPS panels generally are all a bit slow but not enough that will hamper your gaming. Check the response time if some Samsung monitors and TN panels from Benq....

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
If you want fast response time you have to buy TN LCD panels. IPS panels generally are all a bit slow but not enough that will hamper your gaming. Check the response time if some Samsung monitors and TN panels from Benq....

But I feel that TN panels doesn't give out that much colour. :(
They look a bit dull, just like LCD displays. :(

Aren't there any IPS panel models with 5 ms response time with a glossy surface?

hitesh

In the zone
I would STRONGLY advice you against buying an S2240l. This guy is very very glossy. Its basically a mirror, half of the time I'm watching myself.

Whereas that Benq GH model has a little inferior display, but it has very low gloss. I compared these 2 in the shop and got attracted towards Dell mainly due to gloss. I seriously regret my decision

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
I would STRONGLY advice you against buying an S2240l. This guy is very very glossy. Its basically a mirror, half of the time I'm watching myself.

Whereas that Benq GH model has a little inferior display, but it has very low gloss. I compared these 2 in the shop and got attracted towards Dell mainly due to gloss. I seriously regret my decision

Actually I decided on that. Yesterday there was so much sun light in my room that even my current old monitor which has anti-glare was not able to hold up against the sunlight with all my curtains closed. So I just dropped the idea of anti-glare monitors.

The reason I was picking glossy monitors was because the anti-glare ones have a matte finish which cause a little bit colour loss.

Please suggest me good anti-glare monitors guys. :D

Top Bottom