Good but some what cheap LED 1080p monitor?

shadem99

Broken In
your answer is samsung ls24e390, its around 12.5k, theres also a 22 inch version i think..4ms response time, brilliant colour reproduction and rgb colour range, no pixel persistance...its newly released, while some lg and dell monitors will have better reviews because they were released earlier, iam pretty sure this monitor tears all of them a new one
Now in cons, the only cons this has is, no vesa mounting holes, so forget mounting this on wallls or a vesa bracket, and no hdmi cable with the box and 1 hdmi port, but that can be easily fixed by buying a hdmi and 1 hdmi is more than enough for any average user

- - - Updated - - -

pls panels are basically just samsung's version of ips panel, samsung claims their pls panels are brighter and save more energy than ips panels...it has all the goodness of ips and more

quicky008

Technomancer
your answer is samsung ls24e390, its around 12.5k, theres also a 22 inch version i think..4ms response time, brilliant colour reproduction and rgb colour range, no pixel persistance...its newly released, while some lg and dell monitors will have better reviews because they were released earlier, iam pretty sure this monitor tears all of them a new one
Now in cons, the only cons this has is, no vesa mounting holes, so forget mounting this on wallls or a vesa bracket, and no hdmi cable with the box and 1 hdmi port, but that can be easily fixed by buying a hdmi and 1 hdmi is more than enough for any average user

- - - Updated - - -

pls panels are basically just samsung's version of ips panel, samsung claims their pls panels are brighter and save more energy than ips panels...it has all the goodness of ips and more

Do you know how much does the 22" inch version of this samsung monitor cost?

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone

- - - Updated - - -

I will give it a thought.
Apart from that, how is this one?

BenQ VZ2350HM Flicker Free LED Monitor | BenQ Global

EDIT:
Their site says the response time is:
"Response Time(Tr+Tf) typ. 14ms, 5ms (GtG)"

What does that mean?
Will the 14ms affect my gaming performance?
I don't think I can do competitive gaming at 14 ms, I will be lagging like crazy.

EDIT2:
Wow, the Samsung one is good too.
Samsung S27D390H vs BenQ VZ2350HM which one should I get? :D

Last edited:

shadem99

Broken In
the benq one has lesser colour gamut than the samsung one and also higher response time..i would go with samsung
also in samsung, there are two models, e390 and d390, i called samsung they have discountinued the d390 models because the stands were too wobbly and users reported instability as you will see in the reviews, the e390 is an upgrade over d390..by retaining all the same brilliant picture quality, lesser response time 4ms and better stand
response time will matter in gaming, something called as pixel persistence is lessened due to faster response (in short, lower response time is better)
heres a video for explaining it *www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgKQgzX7Sg

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
the benq one has lesser colour gamut than the samsung one and also higher response time..i would go with samsung
also in samsung, there are two models, e390 and d390, i called samsung they have discountinued the d390 models because the stands were too wobbly and users reported instability as you will see in the reviews, the e390 is an upgrade over d390..by retaining all the same brilliant picture quality, lesser response time 4ms and better stand
response time will matter in gaming, something called as pixel persistence is lessened due to faster response (in short, lower response time is better)
heres a video for explaining it *www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgKQgzX7Sg

Can you send me a link?
You suggested the LS24E390 and I was unable to find that.
I found the S27D390H which has been discontinued.

So as per your post, I found the S27E390H which is good but way too costly. Rs. 23000.
My budget is Rs. 10000 to Rs. 13000.

shadem99

Broken In
its a rather new model so you will only find in it limited shops
heres the 22 inch Samsung LS22E390HS XL 22" LED Monitor With Hdmi 3 YRS Onsite Warranty | eBay

24 inch Samsung LS24E390HL XL 24" LED Monitor With Hdmi 3 YRS Onsite Warranty | eBay (this fits your budget perfectly)

27 inch Samsung LS27E390HS XL 27" LED Monitor With Hdmi 3yrs Onsite Warranty | eBay (its 19.5k btw not 23k)

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
its a rather new model so you will only find in it limited shops
heres the 22 inch Samsung LS22E390HS XL 22" LED Monitor With Hdmi 3 YRS Onsite Warranty | eBay

24 inch Samsung LS24E390HL XL 24" LED Monitor With Hdmi 3 YRS Onsite Warranty | eBay (this fits your budget perfectly)

27 inch Samsung LS27E390HS XL 27" LED Monitor With Hdmi 3yrs Onsite Warranty | eBay (its 19.5k btw not 23k)

Wow, thank you for your fast response.
But on the Samsung site the 24 inch one says it has a glossy panel.
Does it have a anti-glare coating? I cannot afford to have a glossy panel there is too much sun my room.
During the day from 10:00 there's the normal sun light. It flares up my room. Till 16:00.
And after 16:30 the sun moves in such a angle that the light bounces off a nearby solar pan, then from the tiny gap between my curtains and window into the mirror and from there exactly on my monitor.
It's so ****ing annoying!

Anyways, back to the point, does it have a glossy panel? :D

shadem99

Broken In
it does have a glossy black panel but it also has a good anti glare coating, i have the same issue with my room

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
ill post a video review later, but i guess call up a few samsung showrooms near you

That's the problem, there aren't any. I will have to call local showrooms who sell all electronics.

Really? You will go that far so as to provide a complete video review? :O

shadem99

Broken In
IMG_20150614_120541.jpg
sorry about the delay, ive used it for a week now, no issues whatso ever, screen is brilliant, game mode is very sexy and high contrast when playing a game, brightness is so high that you have to turn it down a bit

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
View attachment 15537
sorry about the delay, ive used it for a week now, no issues whatso ever, screen is brilliant, game mode is very sexy and high contrast when playing a game, brightness is so high that you have to turn it down a bit

Thanks for the review, I will definitely buy it.
It seems I cannot view your uploaded pic for some reason. Can you upload it to some other image hosting website please? :)

OP
D@rekills4

D@rekills4

In the zone
View attachment 15537

So I finally have decided to buy the Samsung LS24E390HL but for some reason there is no cash on delivery option available.
Any idea why?

Can i have the picture of the E390 ? I am really worried about the glossiness. My room has 2 windows on either side and my PC is right between them

Top Bottom