Good alternatives for Flashget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Been using FG since 2years. No complaints as such. I was just wondering weather there are any good alternatives to it?

If yes, please suggest so with a reason why is it better than flashget?

Thank You.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
if Flashget does not allow RS downloads then you could try out Free Download manager

get good dl speeds and has also got in-built support for downloading flash vdoz

no support for RS tho

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Unfortunately, most of my downloads are from RS. I have a premium account.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Is there any DM which stops automatically while we surf the pages and starts automatically when we stop doing so?

ps - theres one 'Automatic' option in speed limit mode which I still haven't been able to figure out.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Is there any DM which stops automatically while we surf the pages and starts automatically when we stop doing so?
Check if there is some option like "Download only when internet connection is idle".

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
You can do it in Flashget itself. The Automatic option does, well, not exactly that, but what it does is, it allows you to browse the net, while downloading at a decreased download speed. It automatically adjusts the download speed so that the other programs which access net are given the priority.

You are looking for something like what disk defragmenters do, defragment while the HD is idle, but net can be used by any program like windows update, or even messengers, or antivirus updates etc. So, such an option, even if it exists in some download manager, will be very slow on downloads.

I suggest you try the automatic mode.

slugger

Banned
in FDM there is a Traffic usage mode with Light, Medium andHeavy options

u will have to select them manually tho accourding to your surfing time

FDM shud also support premium RS accounts - u get a direct link dont u?

i was talkin about the free RS accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.