Good AIO Printer at 3k-4k

nginx

In the zone
Which Canon printer do you have?

I have the Canon MP145.

@Death_Knight, nice printer buddy. Congrats. Looks real good. I am a big fan of Epson's 3 different color ink catridges. I can't tell you how many times I have had to replace my ink cartridges because only my blue color runs out. I would have saved a ton of money with the Epson. Now I am thinking of selling my Canon and getting an Epson :D

Bad news is, just doing a little research, I found that these new Epson and HP printers have cartridges with chips which are programmed to only print a certain number of pages and will show the ink level as empty even if 25-30% ink is still remaining. Apparently you need to purchase a chip resetter to reuse it or you have to throw away the cartridge.

I got lucky as my Canon cartridges don't come with such chips and only requires me to perform the ink reset procedure on the printer.

*i.imgur.com/Xqcbr.jpg

Lol this is the first thing I printed as test after buying my printer too :D It was so good, I thought about using it for real :D

OP
Death_Knight

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Thanx all. I'm really loving it. :smile:

Bad news is, just doing a little research, I found that these new Epson and HP printers have cartridges with chips which are programmed to only print a certain number of pages and will show the ink level as empty even if 25-30% ink is still remaining. Apparently you need to purchase a chip resetter to reuse it or you have to throw away the cartridge.

I got lucky as my Canon cartridges don't come with such chips and only requires me to perform the ink reset procedure on the printer.

I already mentioned about the chip resetting problem & also provided the links to the discussion thread.
But where from have you got the info about showing cartridges empty with 25-30% still remaining :shock:? This is real shocking!! :-x
And what is this about purchasing a chip resetter? Please clarify in details, better give links to them.

I already thought of getting the DIY refillable cartridges from ebay [only available for Epson].

Top Bottom