Going to buy a monitor today...size or resolution?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am giving up on my Dell 22" finally (1680x1050) and today I'm going to M.D Computers to buy a Dell U2412M. They quoted me 17k for it. My target was PB248Q, but 25k seems kinda steep, don't wanna spend that much.

I'd love to have 1920x1200, as it's 30% more from my current res, but I'm kinda confused, whether should I pick a 27 inch over this or not! I mean size does matter, however my viewing distance is 36 inches, i.e. just 3 ft. The model of the Dell is kinda old, and have read some PWM flickering issues about it, also it's too old technology isn't it? So I don't know if those AH-IPS panels, like of Asus MX series will be better or not. However all the 27 inches which come under my budget is 1080p, so for 3 inches more I will have to give up some 10% resolution!

My budget is ~20k. What would you do on same budget, go for resolution or size?

PS : No TN panels, only IPS & VA.

kundalus

Broken In
U 2413m is a very good monitor. Just bought it from a guy in another forum and i can see a huge difference from my previous samsung 20" lcd display. U can go.for.it as ur viewing distance is not really far. This should definitely serve the purpose

kundalus

Broken In
Also, my current gpu is xfx hd 4650 n i can get 1200p resolution with and bump to it. Running all apps fine except for gaming.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So I got the Dell U2412M and lovely thing has a dead pixel along with a black vertical line. Fantastic.

Top Bottom