go for laptop with sempron 2800+ or with intel mobile procsr

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanolution

Broken In
guys , digitizers i m confused about the new sempron 2800+ is it the simlial r as athlon 2800+ or a lower one and laptops listed on the ads show intel mobile processor 1.34 ghz 1.2ghz are they speeder than pentium 2.4 pentium ht

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
AMD has just renamed there older Athlons to semprons.But it couldnt perform as the ondel barton series of Athlons,but it outperforms the others onder varients.
The new Intel centrime(Pentioum M)has bout 2MB L2 cache nd performs well .But it couldnt handl multithreading apps with that ease as the 2.4HT does.
But it is as powerful as a 2.4 HT.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
aravind_n20 said:
AMD has just renamed there older Athlons to semprons.But it couldnt perform as the ondel barton series of Athlons,but it outperforms the others onder varients.
The new Intel centrime(Pentioum M)has bout 2MB L2 cache nd performs well .But it couldnt handl multithreading apps with that ease as the 2.4HT does.
But it is as powerful as a 2.4 HT.
Well said !!!

theraven

Technomancer
and why are u complimenting him when u have absolutely nothing to contribute ?
one liners !! :eyeroll:

@rachit .. they arent renamed .. they are BASED on the older cores
the first sempron series was based on the old thoroughbred core .. and that sucked
the newer range is BASED on athlon xp core !!

and pentium M centrime ? did u mean to say centrino ? or is there something out there im not aware of ?

there is no comparison between the pentium M and the HT series .. they are completely different and for completely different purposes !!

pentium M is for laptops ( tho its being ported for the desktop ) and the HT and the athlons/semprons are desktop based processors ..

Pentium M processors are specifically meant for laptops .. and no they are not "SPEEDIER" than the 2.4 HT
think abt it urself .. ur comparing the pentium 1.2/1.34 to the ht 2.4 !!!

the advantage pf pentium M's however are low power consumption , integrated WiFi B ( centrino technology ) and .... darn i always forget the third advantage !!
NM i think u got the point !

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
well u get an ACER Aspire 1362 for 27.5k if you're a student. This comes with sempron 2800+.. i'd say its a real good buy because in this range.... u only get celeron lappies.... hp compaq 2207-al for 35k.... thats it... i'd not recommend going in for the zeniths, aamchi pc et al.... i guess acer aspire is quite good with its config and even better given its price!

vshah

Broken In
a pentium M has higher IPC (instructions per clock) effiency than a pentium 4, and a shorter pipeline. For integer apps, a 1.3ghz pentium M would be just as fast as a 2.4ghz p4. Its floating point performance is significantly lower though.

the battery life will be much higher than on a p4 system though...the pentium M uses only 21watts of power at full load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom