GnuWinII & TheOpenCD Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewall

In the zone
GNUWin II includes numerous programs, completely free, which cover a wide spectrum of uses. The software included in GNUWin is not shareware nor freeware, but original free software and Open Source software, for which the source code is available, and that is and will always be free (free both as in "free speech", and as in "free beer").

Most programs included in this CD are also available for free and Open Source operating systems, such as GNU/Linux, BSD, etc.

Download at *gnuwin.epfl.ch/en/order.html

or

Get the 2 CDs set for Rs. 200 only a *www.linuxjunkies.org/gnucds/

------ :)

OP
firewall

firewall

In the zone
TheOpenCD

TheOpenCD is a collection of high quality Free and Open Source Software. The programs run in Windows and cover the most common tasks such as word processing, presentations, e-mail, web browsing, web design, and image manipulation. We include only the highest quality programs, which have been carefully tested for stability and which we consider appropriate for a wide audience.

-- source : The OpenCD website

Download at *theopencd.sunsite.dk/mirrors.php

or

or

Get the CD for Rs. 100 only a *www.linuxjunkies.org/gnucds/

:)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Hi firewall!! I have these CDs already in form of ISO images. :D

I am writing to my school from where I passed. They have some Windows and proprietory software centric syllabus. Lets see how the school responds. I am going to send them the CDs of Knoppix and GNUWinII. ;)

OP
firewall

firewall

In the zone
That's really kool move... :)

btw in this regard u may find the following link very useful...

*k12ltsp.org/contents.html
*schoolforge.net/

:) don't forget to share ur experiences...

;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Cool links mate!! Thank. I will include them in my letter to my teacher who was the most tech educated in my days :)

BTW, I also need the link for the list that you had kept on GNU/Linux alternative softwares vis-a-vis Windows softwares.

After I had a look at Gnoppix 0.8, I am going to send that one too along with Knoppix and GNUWinII. May be they will fall for it because of at least the looks :twisted: :D

OP
firewall

firewall

In the zone
An indepth study on GNU/LINUX Migration by LINUXjunkies Foundation

*linuxjunkies.org/articles/freedomlounge.htm

----

A list of free software with their proprietary counterpart - by LINUXjunkies.org Forum

*linuxjunkies.org/public/win-gnu-alt.html

------

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom