Give me some ideas for a new program please

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
These days I am heavily into programming and loving every bit of it. Recently I made this small application that shows live cricket scores on the desktop. Download link . xp users will need to install .net 2.0 .
(Right click on 'SCO' for options and left click to move)
Try and comment please.

Now I am looking for something else to program, but I am out of ideas .

So if anyone has any program they want written or idea for any kind of desktop/web application, but don't have the programming skills or time to write themselves, please share.

I program in c#(desktop) , or php(website)

P.S: I want write something genuinely useful , not just copy an existing idea.

Thanks

Last edited:

mohityadavx

Youngling
These days I am heavily into programming and loving every bit of it. Recently I made this small application shows live cricket scores on the desktop. Download link . xp users will need to install .net 2.0 .
(Right click on 'SCO' for options and left click to move)
Try and comment please.

Now I am looking for something else to program, but I am out of ideas .

So if anyone has any program they want written or idea for any kind of desktop/web application, but don't have the programming skills or time to write themselves, please share.

I program in c#(desktop) , or php(website)

P.S: I want write something genuinely useful , not just copy an existing idea.

Thanks

finally a golden opportunity 4 me

i want u to make some changes in this cricket program only which are:-

1) input a number and when playing batsman score that numberprogram makes a sound( i don't wanna miss centuries will set it to 90)

2)makes a sound whenever the second team starts batting( i dont like watching india bowl so whenever it would make sound so i will just watch the toss and india bat)

Since i am the first one to reply

i hope my wishes would be granted.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
1) input a number and when playing batsman score that numberprogram makes a sound( i don't wanna miss centuries will set it to 90)
this I don't think I do. :( since the feed from which I am fetching data, doesn't have this info. I'll look into it though..
2. this one I will be able to do. Nice suggestion thanks.

Last edited:
@OP. your cricket program was great indeed.

AFA ideas go i opt the following policy:: when i see my requirement or a software i tend to create my own program to do my work. i better it over time and keep a function repository of the new methods and of programming i learn. u should do the same thing.

i will share two prgs i created, : (very tiny but useful) (and do not consider projects here)

Linkgenerator - great tool for browsing forums and downloading pictures.

FileSpider - may be there r lot of file comparision s/w out there but i like mine the best....

recent i was thinking about an auto-reponder primarily for chats in facebook and gmail. and also e-mails as extention.
now before u get me wrong hear this: i have collegues and trainees under me. i am online and they ask me questions. now if i activate this auto responder it will say specified lines like "i am busy. post your question and i will get back to you" etc.

the thing is, if i am working on a problem, it's a distraction and u get the general idea.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Thanks arpan for the praise and the suggestion.
about the autoresponder. I would have to delve into gtalk api and facebook api for this . right ? seems interesting. but since I not much into chating, this won't be of much use to me. :( . This for some reason gives me another idea , playing with google search api. I have an idea with it . I try that now. ty

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Updated to play a sound when score reaches zero. Its difficult to test it though, but it should work correctly.

can u work upon windows application for code repository.

features:
>add, delete and update code.
>mulitple keyword search algo
>ranking algo
>code highliting if possible
>differentiate code based on language, type (class, inteface, method etc)
>copy paste function

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
about the autoresponder. I would have to delve into gtalk api and facebook api for this . right ? seems interesting. but since I not much into chating, this won't be of much use to me. :( .

Some pointers to start:
Google Talk for Developers - Google Code
Integrating with Facebook Chat - Facebook Developers

Top Bottom