Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 Motherboard

a-raam

Journeyman
decided the Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 Motherboard for friends pc.

remaining parts are
i3 3220
corsair vengeance 1x8 gb @1600 mhz
sapphire hd 7850 2gb
cm elite 431
corsair 500cx v2

i heard that the vengeance 8 gb does not fit into this motherboard properly.
can anyone confirm ?? also if it does not please recommend a better motherboard which can fit this ram.

decided the Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 Motherboard for friends pc.

remaining parts are
i3 3220
corsair vengeance 1x8 gb @1600 mhz
sapphire hd 7850 2gb
cm elite 431
corsair 500cx v2

i heard that the vengeance 8 gb does not fit into this motherboard properly.
can anyone confirm ?? also if it does not please recommend a better motherboard which can fit this ram.
its not so that is doesnt fit ,it can but the problem is the ram u've selected is 1600mhz which is not supported ! i suggested u get --Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H @4000 rs

Naxal

Little Kid
Increase budget and take Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H as your motherboard. Secondly, try to buy 2x4GB module for your 8GB Planned RAM, else if you want to keep RAM slot free for future upgrade (i guess there is no point of adding more RAM in a Core i3 based gaming system) this B75 chipset will allow 8GB single module also.

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
Increase budget and take Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H as your motherboard. Secondly, try to buy 2x4GB module for your 8GB Planned RAM, else if you want to keep RAM slot free for future upgrade (i guess there is no point of adding more RAM in a Core i3 based gaming system) this B75 chipset will allow 8GB single module also.

@Naxal , I havent heard of a B75 chipset before.
Will it comfortably accomodate the 8 gb vengeance ??

go for low profile ram for this mobo @ 1333Mhz max
there is no such thing of low profile @1333mhz . low profile means a small ram module as compared to bigger ones ! :S

@Naxal , I havent heard of a B75 chipset before.
Will it comfortably accomodate the 8 gb vengeance ??
yes the mobo i've suggested is good and yes B75 chipset is sufficient for ur use ! and it can accommodate the 8gb ram

Cilus

laborare est orare
Gigabyte is a Tier one Motherboard company which actually delivers product with the equivalent quality of Asus. The B75 Motherboard from Gigabyte is the best Value for Money board if you compare other products in the same price range. It has 4 Ram Slots with 32 GB support and support for 1600 MHz when a Ivy Bridge Processor is used. Since you have a i3 3220, a good Ram like G-Skill RipjawX, Corsair Vengenace or XMS3 (little cheaper) can be used with it. You'll also get all kind of Video output options for the IGP, VGA, DVI-D and HDMI.
Also, at 4K price point, it is offering 2 PCI-E X16 slot with Crossfire Support. It might comes handy when you want to add a lower end Nvidia Card for PhysX along with the main GPU.

Naxal

Little Kid
because i may buy another 8 gb module later...

The said motherboard comes with 4 RAM slots, each supporting 8GB (MAX).

But better to buy 2x4GB configuration since 8Gb single and 2x4GB would cost almost the same but 2x4GB comes with few advantage.

* Dual Channel
* Redundancy (if one stick is faulty, your system still has another one to run)

Last of all, as the motherboard has 4 RAM slot, you can always add another 2x4GB later down the line.

But dont you think for day to day operation and gaming, 8GB is more than enough ??

rahulyo

Journeyman
Chk this :-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/168677-gigabyte-ga-890fxa-ud5-rma-experience.html

Therefore I said no to Gigabyte .

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Gigabyte is a Tier one Motherboard company which actually delivers product with the equivalent quality of Asus. The B75 Motherboard from Gigabyte is the best Value for Money board if you compare other products in the same price range.

Yes.
Problem with Gigabyte remains with older boards which are rare. Story with these new low-end boards (i.e. H61, B75) are different.
@OP: RipjawsX are better overclocker than Vengeance. I should say this, Vengeance are dud RAM, and these can't be overclocked at all. In that sense, if you are not interested in overclocking, buy XMS3. Why will you spend extra money on vengeance when you are getting no advantage over XMS3 at all?

Top Bottom