gigabyte 880 motherboards confusion

vinayan

Broken In
Hi..i am about to buy a motherboard. These are the items that i plan to buy..
Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 635 or 640
GPU:Sapphire HD 5770 1GB DDR5 Vapor-X
Now i am confused in choosing which of these motherboards.
  1. GA-880GMA-UD2H
  2. GA-880GM-UD2H
  3. GA-880GM-USB3
The first and third options seems to be the same..the prices of these three mobos are not much different..i ran a comparison at gigabyte website..see below..
GIGABYTE- I found some useful information and would like to share with you
i couldn't differentiate much and it seems USB3 is the only difference..is USB3 a technology to go for? please help me clear my confusion..

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
1. Has USB3 and SATA3
2. Neither
3. Has USB3.

Go for the first option. Its just Rs 300 more than the 2nd option.

OP
vinayan

vinayan

Broken In
sadly GA-880GMA-UD2H is not available anywhere..i checked almost all online shops..one shop listed it but when i mailed them they informed that it was not in stock..there is one deal at ebay.in but it costs 7500 :-(..

Is there other good alternatives for this Gigabyte motherboard(under Rs.5000)? Should i wait until it arrives in stock?

narendra4u

Broken In
sadly GA-880GMA-UD2H is not available anywhere..i checked almost all online shops..one shop listed it but when i mailed them they informed that it was not in stock..there is one deal at ebay.in but it costs 7500 :-(..

Is there other good alternatives for this Gigabyte motherboard(under Rs.5000)? Should i wait until it arrives in stock?

go here to buy
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I called up ITWares and as expected they don't have it. Again, I seriously doubt 880GMA UD2H was here in India in the first place- other than the media sample I got before for evaluation purposes. Dealers/people who are claiming to have one obviously confusing it with 880GM. Its not cool from Gigabyte India's end not selling this board here. Maybe the ebay guy imported the board or maybe some blokes trying to sell 880GM by mistake/deliberately mistaking it for 880GM.

Request to advisors, confirm the availability first. I am not saying to call them, but atleast punch an email. Forums don't become a strong community just by advising whatever is listed on the internet. Most of the online dealers don't make efforts to update their website at all.

OP
vinayan

vinayan

Broken In
@Jaskanwar Singh - GA-880GA-UD3H also not available i believe..i sent a few mails to smc and they listed it as out-of-stock.

@Piyush - I am going for Sapphire HD 6850..i think it is about 10 inch from what i read in some other thread..

Is MSI 880GMA-E45 good? It is in similar price range and is available at a few online sites..

I am getting impatient....the only thing that remains to be bought now is the motherboard and cabinet..80GM-UD2H(no Sata 6gbps and USB3) is available at Delta Chennai(possible to buy directly)...would it become useless in next two years regarding upgrades?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Already confirmed the availability of the boards:
880GMA UD2H: NA
880GM UD2H: Available
880GA UD3H: Available limited quantities
890GPA UD3H: NA
890FXA UD5: NA
890FXA UD7: NA

OP
vinayan

vinayan

Broken In
@all those who helped me by posting in this thread...i have a chance to buy MSI 880GMA-E45 @5200 Rs today..pls tell me if there are any known problems(like the SATA blockage mentioned by Jaskanwar Singh) with this mobo...

narendra4u

Broken In
go here now for ga880gm-ud2h nice board compare to msi g45
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H

if u wana usb3 then go here
*techshop.in/store/gigabyte-ga880gmusb3-motherboard-buy-online-india-p-5055.html?cPath=320_21_31

Top Bottom