Ghost Terminals in Workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Broken In
Sometimes in a workgroup setup a terminal keeps showing up even after the person has phisically disconnected from LAN... I wish to know what can I do such that it removes that member as soon as he is out or atleast removes when I want it to display only the exixting workgroup members.

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
No Response!!! May be I should make it more clear

The thing is when we are on LAN in workgroup type setup... when we click to view computers available in network we observe following:
  • If the system has just now booted up then even if I click to see workgroup I see no terminals there even when practically they are there i.e to say it takes more time to build the cache table
  • When someone has switched off still it keeps showing him in workgroup but if i try to open of course it fails. Means i have got no control to make it actually check in that particular time as to what all terminals are live except to go n check up the HUB.
  • One more peculiar thing I observed let suppose i have two lan cards one connected to a hub and second forming a bridge to connect another terminal to the LAN via ME then in that case when I stand as gateway for this terminal if I have six terminals showing in my workgroup out of which two are actually dead. Now what I observed is if this PC which connects via me is turned on instead of building its own cache it just borrows the info from my PC means this also shows the dead terminals.
  • The dead terminals do go away but in their own time I want that we should have some control or way actually build the table the moment I ask it to show me the workgroup.

ISn't there some registry hack or something which can make it poll faster or at least when we want it to fetch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom