GFX Card for GA-G41MT-ES2L - URGENT !!

bhavikv9488

Broken In
Hello,

Need your suggestion for a GFX card for the Motherboard GA-G41-ES2L,

Budget ~ 5k . . also let me know for any additional PSU needed.

It is a very old board, but a rookie question would be "I would expect a board which I may use for future config if possible".

Thanks in Advance for your suggestions !!

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy R7 240 with GDDR5 memory.

Not with DDR3.

1 GB GDDR5 is enough. Don't fall for 2 GB DDR3 trap.

OP
B

bhavikv9488

Broken In
Buy R7 240 with GDDR5 memory.

Not with DDR3.

1 GB GDDR5 is enough. Don't fall for 2 GB DDR3 trap.

Would I need to add a PSU to it ? and I just need to make sure that I should be able to use for future upgrades.

Im not sure of the PCIx version of my board and the Card is of version 3.0 if I have checked correctly. Will it conflict anywhere ? Just a doubt.

Sapphire R7 240 1GB -5100.
Sapphire R7 250 1GB -5900.
Both prices are from snapdeal.

Yes, i am considering R7 240 with boost DDR5. Price on flipkart looks reasonable.

quicky008

Technomancer
It doesn't seem likely that this card requires an additional power connector,therefore i don't think you'll have to upgrade your PSU to be able to use it.However if there are no constraints on your budget, i'll advice you to go for a new PSU such as Antec VP 450p just to be on the safer side.

And newer PCI-e cards are backward compatible with older boards,so you'll not face any compatibility issues if you use this card on your system.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Would I need to add a PSU to it ? and I just need to make sure that I should be able to use for future upgrades.

Im not sure of the PCIx version of my board and the Card is of version 3.0 if I have checked correctly. Will it conflict anywhere ? Just a doubt.

Yes, i am considering R7 240 with boost DDR5. Price on flipkart looks reasonable.

getting a good reliable psu always gives peace of mind. get antec bp300p at 1.8k

OP
B

bhavikv9488

Broken In
As i've been reading the reviews about the R7, I am little sceptical about the AMD cards that's because of the heating issues, should that be a problem or if you can suggest any Nvidia cards. :confused:

OP
B

bhavikv9488

Broken In
So now im in a slight confusion wrt to these two cards . . can someone suggest please

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R7 240 with Boost 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R7 250 with Boost R7 250 1GB DDR5 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

I also intend to buy a PSU . . but confused between corsair cm and antec . . I know you ppl have suggested antec but any specific reason to go for it and any other decisive difference ?

Top Bottom