Getting wifi signal but can't access internet

prashanth120792

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

i am using dell inspiron 14r until yesterday everything was good i was able to access internet but suddenly i am not able to get access....i mean i am getting wifi signal perfectly fine but it is showing no internet access (an exclamatory mark within signal symbol) but i check it with a wired connection it is working properly so it is not the mistake of my modem it think so.....please help me with this problem

DellSOS

Official Dell Social Outreach Service
Hello prashanth120792,

I am from Dell Social Media and Community.

Do you have Mcafee installed on your system? If so please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.

• Restart your system in Safe mode by selecting Safe Mode with Networking in the Advanced Boot menu
• When Windows finishes loading in Safe mode with Networking, open Internet Explorer and go to McAfee Virtual Technician

• If you are unable to connect to the internet in Safe Mode with Networking, Proceed to the Last Step
• Click on Run to install the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT)
• When the MVT installation completes, click Next to run the scan
• Once MVT detects issues with your McAfee software, leave the default option AutoFix and click Next.
• When the AutoFix completes, restart your computer.
• After the computer restarts, Right click on the McAfee icon > Choose Update > Click on About and ensure that the DAT version is 6809 or above
• If the issue persists even after performing the above steps, uninstall and reinstall the McAfee software from the website (if REGISTERED) or My Dell Downloads; ensure that the DAT version is 6809 and above

Article reference : McAfee Document ID : TS100446

If you do not have Mcafee installed on your system, please follow the link below to resolve the issue.

Check if your wireless adapter has been properly installed, you need to perform two steps:

1. Check if the Wireless card is Properly Plugged-in Check if the wireless adapter’s Power LED is lit.
NOTE: If not, unplug the device and place it back firmly into the slot.(follow the system users guide)

2. Checking if the Drivers are Properly Installed

Right-click My Computer and click Properties.
Click the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
Click Network Adapters and look for Wireless Adapter.
NOTE: If the Network Adapter icon is colored green, it means the drivers were installed properly. If the Adapter remains Inactive after restarting your PC, try to reinstall or update the drivers.

If the Network Adapter icon has a red X on top of it, it means the device has been disabled. To enable it, right-click your Wireless Adapter and select Enable.

If the Network Adapter icon has an exclamation point on top of a yellow circle it means the drivers were not installed properly and you need to reinstall the drivers.

If you don’t see the wireless adapter under network adapter, click Other devices and look for Ethernet or Network Controller. This means the drivers have not been installed so you have to install the drivers. Uninstall it first by right-clicking the Ethernet or Network Controller then click Uninstall then install the drivers.

Restart your computer.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be glad to help.

Dell-Niranjan

Top Bottom