Getting this RIG tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
I also posted in another thread about the same. Q6600 has better VFM. U save 2300/- and for that, i think one can get decent cooler.

hsetir

Broken In
Overall Q6600 can overclock more because of higher multiplier but only with good cooling solution and power supply. Also 1066 default fsb strains the motherboard less while overclocking (<1600mhz).
Q9300 has a wall around 3.5ghz because of its low multiplier but overclocks nice on stock cooler and modest psu. But the motherboard needs to be able to push fsb to 470 (1880mhz).
As for overclocked performace, both are just same, with one sliding the other in different benchmarks.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Acc. to a review if Q9300 has to achieve 4GHz clock (which is no big deal) the motherboard has to achieve 550MHz FSB, which is by far no motherboard can do.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
I almost got the machine today,.... but when my dealer got the Abit board from the distributor the seal was broken and he said he thinks that there is some problem with that piece... it was the last pirce with the distributor as well... he returned that and has made a fresh order which i will get on Wednesday...

Good part... i am still thinking of 6600 and 9300 ... price disfferece is 2300 almost...
and i have also gor the Thermal Right 120 Extreme now so i can get it installed when i buy the machine...
how much did u pay for the corsair PSU?

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
I will be getting this machine tomorrow... please comment...

Q6600
Thermal Right Ultra 120 Extreme (Already purchsed from PrimeABGB.. waiting for it to arrive and then will fit it myself)
Abit IX38QuadGT
Corsair 2X2GB 800MHz DDR2 Ram
Corsair HX620 PSU
Cooler Master 690 Cabinet
A cheap Gforce card ( will get 4XXX ATI card when it comes)

Please let me know if this choise is bad...

I thought of 9300 but when i have got TRUE Heat sink i think i can go with 6600 and overclock it as i need

urr card have at least 512 MB. so go 4 8600GTS*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Good choice overall Ajay.
Stick with the Q6600, i really dont like the Q9300, its got a low Multi, lesser cache and its more expensive than Q6600.I really dont see a reason why anyone should buy that chip.

Stick with whatever you have decided, its a good solid combo.

Congrats in advance ;-)

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
@ajay - which optical drive you going for? i was thinking of sony dru190a

I am thinking of which one to take,.... i was thinking of a lightscribe drive but then only Asus drives with Lightscribe is available for now... any suggestions guyssss

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
@ajay - which optical drive you going for? i was thinking of sony dru190a

Yeah man, damn busy these days :(
Your final config looks good,read my earlier post for my opinion about it :D

Thanks sir... am getting 8200 GS for 1900 for now as a GPU... will buy the new one from ATI when it comes in market...

Also am getting 6600 as 9450 will be a pain in my pocket... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom