Getting this RIG tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I will be getting this machine tomorrow... please comment...

Q6600
Thermal Right Ultra 120 Extreme (Already purchsed from PrimeABGB.. waiting for it to arrive and then will fit it myself)
Abit IX38QuadGT
Corsair 2X2GB 800MHz DDR2 Ram
Corsair HX620 PSU
Cooler Master 690 Cabinet
A cheap Gforce card ( will get 4XXX ATI card when it comes)

Please let me know if this choise is bad...

I thought of 9300 but when i have got TRUE Heat sink i think i can go with 6600 and overclock it as i need

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
ya i will get that when the new cards from ATI is out... will also get 22" dell monitor after a month along with the card

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
with q6600 and true ..no need to worry .. about the mobo, hmm..not sure how good is quad gt? ..how much more for maximus formula over quad gt? everything is fine to me..just the mobo .. and with either mobo u should hit around 3.6 ghz ...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@yogi7272
3.6Ghz on a Q6600??? tough job
but as hes already got a gud cooler, maybe he can hit close to hit.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
i am at 3.4 with 650i ultra with true and hr 05 sli .. so on x38 its not tough at all .. tough would be 3.8- 4 ghz range ..

about x38 mobo .. at xtrmeforums .. seen very few threads about quad gt .. most people there would recommend dfi lanparty or asus maximus formula .. though quad gt is good mobo too.. also both dfi and asus x38 can be flashed to x48 bios ..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Q6600 can easily achieve 3.6GHz but with good cooling solution. Q9300 can overclock much better than Q6600 but it has limited multiplier, like other Penryn 45nm dual cores can easily cross 4GHz barrier but not Q9300.
So picking up Q6600 is a better choice and since u choose Quad GT, there is no need to worry.
Maximus also performs same as Quad GT but costlier.

And i like what u have planned for graphics card. Cheapo now, enjoy later.

Blackfire

Journeyman
bro don't go for Q6600. instead go bro E8400 or Q9300.

you can OC Q6600 but you can't compare it with Q9300. Q9300 is replacement of Q6600 it mat be only 7% more powerful than Q6600 but it has a great oc potential plus it is much more energy efficient than Q6600.

how much did you pay for CM690.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I will be getting the machine today... 6600 is my choise as i am already spending over Corsair PSU and TRUE Heat Sink... so i am not worried a lot abt the heat problem and power consumtion

mastermunj

In the zone
how much coller master 690 cabinet costs? is it with psu?

wat is diff between ATI and normal graphics card? which one is better??

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I almost got the machine today,.... but when my dealer got the Abit board from the distributor the seal was broken and he said he thinks that there is some problem with that piece... it was the last pirce with the distributor as well... he returned that and has made a fresh order which i will get on Wednesday...

Good part... i am still thinking of 6600 and 9300 ... price disfferece is 2300 almost...
and i have also gor the Thermal Right 120 Extreme now so i can get it installed when i buy the machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom